Mushy details on r700 - Adjust lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old September 4th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mushy details on r700 - Adjust lens?

My r700 can't resolve details like hair and foliage -- it looks like mush no matter what setting I use, bitrate I choose, or how wide or tele the zoom is. Then I tried another r700 and it was WOW! razor sharp and detailed.

So I'm guessing something is amiss with my lens. As cheap as these cams are, would it be best to simply chunk this one and get another? The temptation to open it up and try to fix the problem is tough to ignore. :-)
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Mushy details on r700 - Adjust lens?

If it cannot focus at any zoom setting or distance, but at least trys to, it may be that the internal back focus setting is off. Is the camcorder still under warranty?

Call Canon support/service and see what they say, then decide if any stated cost is worth it to you.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders