Nadir Patch (360VR Toolbox) Tutorial? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery > Dashwood Cinema Solutions

Old April 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Nadir Patch (360VR Toolbox) Tutorial?

Anyone know if instructions or a tutorial for using the nadir patch in 360VR Toolbox? I've searched the Dashwood site, here, and elsewhere but can't find anything.

ETA: I've been experimenting with this plugin in AE, and I'm able to clone out the tripod with Nadir Patch and with Reorient Sphere, but when I revert the view back to equi, my paint layer with clone work stays exactly where it is; it doesn't stick with the ground area where the tripod was. I'm very new to AE, so probably doing something stupid, but would appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited by Jim Newberry; April 25th, 2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added info
Jim Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 08:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Nadir Patch (360VR Toolbox) Tutorial?

I've not used 360VR Toolbox, but I've edited plenty of nadir patches in spherical stills - concepts are similar.

What you probably need to do is child your patch layer to your sphere layer before reorienting.

Futz with the visibility of layer mode controls in the layer header area until you find the child control, then, pull down the child dropdown of your patch layer to target your sphere layer as the parent. There's also another targeting method you might see on Youtube or whatever, that involves clicking on the spiral icon and dragging to the parent you want to target, then releasing... much harder to explain than to do.

Then reorient. Then revert to equirectangular.

Or you can pre-comp the layers instead of using parenting.

I guess. Never done it with the Dashwood tools...

AE is a deep subject...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery > Dashwood Cinema Solutions