Media player that supports DVD menus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old July 14th, 2017, 11:23 AM   #1
New Boot

Media player that supports DVD menus

Hi,

I am looking for a device that will at as a DVD player taking DVD Video-TS files on a USB stick (or SD card) as input.
It must support menu navigation as well as playing VOBs etc.

My workflow has been edit / author DVD on one PC, do initial testing and write VIDEO_TS files to a USB stick.

Play the DVD image on a TV using a Western Digital TV Live player, double checking the Menu navigation as well as picture / sound.

Once satisfied, Burn the DVD from USB stick on second PC (that does have a DVD Burner).

My WD TV Live player has failed.

I have had to burn test DVDs and play them on my DVD player. this is much more time consuming and wastes several DVD blanks.

My DVD player does have USB input, but does not recognise VIDEO_TS files.
I have tried a Vortex media player, but while it did recognise the DVD structure and would display the first menu, it would not allow any navigation.

Any suggestions as to what devices will support DVD menu navigation as well as displaying the video?
BD would be a bonus!

Many thanks,

Brian

Cardiff
Wales
Brian Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Media player that supports DVD menus

For testing DVD's I just use DVD-RW's, test and if OK I'll then burn a DVD-R, then erase the RW and use again.
Old July 14th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Media player that supports DVD menus

Try takybox: TakyBox Console
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring