LS300 Tripods at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:20 PM   #1
Major Player

LS300 Tripods

Hello Fellas,

I was just thinking about the tripods that I use and thought I would discuss with you all. I have two different styles of tripods.

1. Benro A673TM Aluminum Tandem-Leg Video Tripod (75mm Bowl) - See It At B&H

Benro H8 Fluid Head - See It At Amazon

Libec DL-3B Dolly Wheels - See It At Amazon

2. Ravelli AVT Professional 67-inch Video Camera Tripod - See It At Amazon

Dolly Wheels - See It At Amazon

Now mind you I started with the Ravelli Tripod and I have 4 of them because I like them so much. Even though I have a professional tripod with the Benro when it comes to weddings I prefer to use the Ravelli. Simply because the standing with of the Benro is large. The Ravelli is more narrow and easier to navigate though crowds and tables at the reception. The Ravelli is about $100 and my Benro setup is about $900.

Do you guys have better solutions for this senario?
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 08:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: LS300 Tripods

I'm still very much a novice at video, but all my shooting is at events so being able to reposition quickly in tight spaces s important. I started with a Bogen/Manfrotto spreader style aluminium tripod and fluid head. I found it heavy and slow to set up. I was still not satisfied after trying a lighter set of aluminium legs and head. Now I am using the RRS TVC-33 carbon fiber legs and their FH-350 fluid head. I'm very pleased with this combination. It is a bit pricey, but not as much as the more well known pro video tripod/head combinations. Besides being lighter I find I get much smoother pans than with my previous setups. The FH-350 is a real marvel. I've no experience with the gear you are using and if it does all you need there is no reason to pay more.
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:10 AM   #3
Major Player

I have a too small Davis and Sandford with FM18-2 fluid (like?) head that was about $150. B&G recommended instead the Magnus brand that I probably should have tried. I had a LIbec and it was pretty fair. Burned up in fire and never replaced it. Both where better for DSLR's with shorter lenses... but adequet. For my larger cameras an OLD Manfrotto big heavy tripod with Bogen 3066 fluid head (no counterbalance) that I used for the JVC HD110 and HDD recorder. Pretty solid, though heavy and no counter balance. The newer ones are better.

Best thing I have to add to this thread is that I have the JVC Ka551U same thing as the Sony V mount tripod plate... Love it compared to using a sled.. and saw this at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6F/dvinfo09-20

SmallRig to mount on bottom of camera compatible with Sony V mount I believe with padded shoulder area witih the ability to mount rods on it for $199. That might be my next purchase and start using my big tripod when I'm using my 200-300 with 2x doubler for nature shots to help keep it steady.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Humphrey View Post
Best thing I have to add to this thread is that I have the JVC Ka551U same thing as the Sony V mount tripod plate... Love it compared to using a sled.. and saw this at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07426Z96F/dvinfo09-20

SmallRig to mount on bottom of camera compatible with Sony V mount I believe with padded shoulder area witih the ability to mount rods on it for $199. That might be my next purchase and start using my big tripod when I'm using my 200-300 with 2x doubler for nature shots to help keep it steady.
This is awesome!! I have to have one of these... Can you post a pic of your setup using the LS300?
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders