G85 for 2nd camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 10th, 2019, 10:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

G85 for 2nd camera

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a 2nd camera. Do you guys recommend the g85 as a second camera. So far I have a gh5 that I am using. I though about the ls300 or Sony x70. But if I go with the g85 I end up saving money. So far I don't have to buy new lenses since I have the lenses that I use with the gh5. This 2nd camera will be stationed on my tripod while I use the gh5 for close up with the ronin s. Anyways recommendations are welckme.
Old March 11th, 2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: G85 for 2nd camera

Lico, you didn't list the GH4 as an alternative B camera. Aren't they about the same prices as a G85? And wouldn't it make post a bit easier matching GH4/5 source media? Perhaps there is some other feature in the G85 you like.
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Have not look into gh4 yet since this camera will stuck on the tripod for the entire web streaming. While gh5 will be on the ronin s. Possible the autofocus g85 but I am still doing my homework on reading about it.
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:48 PM   #4
Major Player

G85 is a powerhouse for the cost. Possibly worse in low-light, but the IBIS is fantastic, and it's a great gimbal camera. If you're looking for a more robust codec or log capabilities, then it might not be the best option.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Regular Crew

will be for gimbal work. will not always mix what i get from it with the GH5. maybe sometime. I was now leaning toward a regular ENG camera and then use the GH5 for gimbal but i am trying to stay within my budget or possible cheaper since it will not be used every single time. Anyways keep looking into it to see what i will end up getting. The good thing is that i am no trying to rush the purchase. I don't mind going with used equipment. I though about Canon and Sony but i just don't really wants to spend money on having to buy a different mount system. Anyways thanks to those who has been responding.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series