VR goggles that accept video input at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Take a look *around.*

Old February 19th, 2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Major Player

VR goggles that accept video input

Are there any VR goggles that accept a video input via RCA jack, or HDMI, etc. I would like to monitor an event using goggles because it will allow me to see finer details. (Sports)

So far, the only thing I can find are goggles that connect to a smart phone. I want to connect to a camera.

Any thoughts about this....thanks!
Old February 19th, 2019, 07:04 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: VR goggles that accept video input

Searching for these online, you *won’t* want to use the term “vr goggles”. None of them do what you want.

Try “fpv drone googgles”. Some of these first person view goggles have HDMI inputs. I have a pair from Yuneec, but I’ve not tried them with common HDMI sources.

One of the joys of HDMI is the HDCP, HD Copy Protection. If your source demands HDCP, your display has to support providing the correct handshake that says “I’m a display, not a recorder”.

If you have a local drone store... or even Best Buy, you might be able to try before you buy!

PS. Another approach is a Zacuto Finder EVF system (3” monitor and hood/magnifier) - I’ve been seeing these show up used on CL for $200-250. Of course you only get one eye...
Old February 19th, 2019, 10:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

VR goggles are currently low resolution, so they won't allow you to see the finer details.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 08:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the responses. For some reason, I am not being notified when I get a reply to a posting.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR