Quicktime enconding question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old August 31st, 2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Quicktime enconding question

I read about the release of the Cineform Codec in apple platform, and in the studio daily article that the SI2K will encode to Quicktime, does it mean that the current SiliconDVR software has the ability to encode quicktimes in cineform RAW?

I want to test the quicktimes in RAW format, because in the vectorscope, even though the Cineform guys tell me that the render out quality of quicktimes and avi is exactly the same, the signal showed a better behavior. The only significant issue i had is that the Quicktimes use BGR instead of RGB, and sometimes the Color Correction softwares mess up the color values of quicktime files.

Jason, do you have the Quicktime encoding ready for testing?
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Sergio,

The Quicktime encoder should be in some of the more recent builds . . . we've had QT encoding working for the last month.

That being said, there is no *decoder* yet for QT . . . so you can encode to QT, but you can't decode it yet. You're gonna end up with a bunch of QT files with no-where to go.

CineForm has said now that the Mac release is out, the QT decoder for RAW is on it's way very soon.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I think the testing can wait then.
I thought the latest release of cineform had the ability to decode RAW files.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K