Matchmoving SI2K Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old October 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #1
New Boot

Matchmoving SI2K Footage

Would like to know if anyone has had experiences matchmoving footage from the SI2k with software like Boujou,Pftrack,syntheyes or Realviz's Matchmover.I'd be delighted to share your experiences.Cheers.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

We´ve been doing a lot of tracking, we´ve been using built in trackers in AE for some simple hand held shots, and trackers of Color Correction systems with no issues. And VFX guys, are using PFTrack for a Face Replacement of an actor, they are using mostly the Geometry tracker, what I´ve noticed is that you dont have any trouble for the major part of the shots.

I only had problems, in one shot tough, but I was using C mount lens with a wide angle adapter, so I got some lens distortion. It wasnt a camera problem, the lenses we chose to use were the problem.

In PFTrack almost all the shots we used were tracked automaticaly, We had some trouble, because the actor was using a very big hat, so when the hat covered his face, the tracker lost relationship with the head geometry.

You have to mind the usual tracking considerations, no blurry images, select contrast spots to place your tracking points, and track part of shots when very fast motion in the picture.

The issues we faced were part of the testing process, and they were part of learning the correct logistics to each shot.

In my opinion PFTrack is the most powerful tracker, we chose it because all the feature set it offers, if you´re doing heavy CGI, or very complex FX shots.
If you have to do some simple stuff, AE or Combustion trackers work flawlessly too.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #3
New Boot

Sergio thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio Sanchez View Post
We´ve been doing a lot of tracking, we´ve been using built in trackers in AE for some simple hand held shots, and trackers of Color Correction systems with no issues. And VFX guys, are using PFTrack for a Face Replacement of an actor, they are using mostly the Geometry tracker, what I´ve noticed is that you dont have any trouble for the major part of the shots.

I only had problems, in one shot tough, but I was using C mount lens with a wide angle adapter, so I got some lens distortion. It wasnt a camera problem, the lenses we chose to use were the problem.

In PFTrack almost all the shots we used were tracked automaticaly, We had some trouble, because the actor was using a very big hat, so when the hat covered his face, the tracker lost relationship with the head geometry.

You have to mind the usual tracking considerations, no blurry images, select contrast spots to place your tracking points, and track part of shots when very fast motion in the picture.

The issues we faced were part of the testing process, and they were part of learning the correct logistics to each shot.

In my opinion PFTrack is the most powerful tracker, we chose it because all the feature set it offers, if you´re doing heavy CGI, or very complex FX shots.
If you have to do some simple stuff, AE or Combustion trackers work flawlessly too.
Sergio, i appreciate a lot.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Good to hear Sergio, thanks for the feedback.

Also Charles, you can view a before and after VFX shot that the guys at Atomic VFX put together in our video gallery that has tracked 3D elements integrated into a panning shot scene.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K