Two upcoming chances to see the SI-2K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old October 29th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #1
Trustee

Two upcoming chances to see the SI-2K

Hi everyone,

Just want to give you all some head's up on the latest opportunities to see the SI-2K in-action. There's a seminar on the 1st of November in Las Vegas, and HDExpo Burbank is on Nov 7-8th.

Details are on our website at http://www.siliconimaging.com/DigitalCinema/

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited by Jason Rodriguez; October 30th, 2007 at 06:25 AM.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:28 AM   #2
New Boot

but will there be footage?

For anyone considering taking the time to attend one of these events to see and handle the SI 2K equipment, just a few thoughts. I traveled all the way to Amsterdam for the IBC show in September to put my hands on this camera and see actual finished footage, shown on a large, HD monitor, before consumating my purchase. I was ready to purchase. Sad to say, there was no large monitor and no finished footage to view, quite in contrast to Red or for that matter, any other booth that was promoting their equipment. My inquiries were met with suggestions that I "download some files" to my laptop and view them. They also gave me a DVD with a few short clips from some indie films. These were unacceptable half measures. No one in their right mind would invest in a professional camera system without the opportunity to view a varied selection of scenes on a large monitor to really assess the image. If you go to see the camera, keep in mind you will likely be impressed by the gear and workflow, but don't necessarily think you'll get to see what it really produces.
Michael Javorka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K