New SiliconDVR Installer available online at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old January 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Trustee

New SiliconDVR Installer available online

Hi,

We've just put online the latest installer, version 33.510.

• Supports full-resolution AVI and QT recording (do not record QT on machines with Prospect 2K 3.1 installed, and QT playback is currently not supported in the player mode). The AVIHeaderUpdate utilityis no longer necessary for files recorded with this version of the CineForm RAW encoder.

• Decoder compatibility with Neo and Prospect 2K 3.2 for Mac and PC (Prospect 2K is PC-only)

• Improved stability and ability to reconnect if a camera is disconnected while shooting or recording

• Updated IRIDAS embedded license

• Temperature display mode and low-battery indicator for SI-2K cameras

• New adaptive encoding mode allows camera to balance CPU load with encoding quality, preventing RAM buffer overflows

• Optimized display algorithms and new display selection modes optimize CPU usage while recording (see FAQ)

• Crash-proof SIV support (loosing power or program shutdown in the middle of SIV recording will not result in a corrupted SIV file).

You might also notice a new feature in the CAM PREFS for segmented recording . . . don't use that for now, it's a beta feature, and there are still a couple bugs in it.

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Is there an update for the cineform raw encoder too?
Do I have to update it?
Wich version is the latest?

Thanks
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Trustee

Yes, there is an update to the Cineform RAW encoder that ships inside the installer, and when you launch the installer, it will also give you an option to install the new CineForm codec.

You must install the new CineForm codec if you want to work with Prospect 2K or Neo2K 3.2.4 (the latest one on the website), and/or if you want to use QT recording, and/or if you want full-resolution files and don't want to run them through the AVIHeaderUpdate to get them to playback in full-resolution.

If for some reason after installation you start recording, and you're not seeing full-resolution playback inside of either WMP or QT player, then probably the codec was not installed correctly (we've seen that happen on a couple machines so far). Also please note the release notes which state that you can't recording to QT on a machine that is running Prospect 2K 3.1 or else you will end up with corrupted QT's.

Thanks,

Jason
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I´ve tried to download the files today.
But the site has been suspended.
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Don't know why the site is down, and maybe you should wait for it to be up first ??? However, I noticed this link seems to work:

http://www.siliconimaging.com/Digita...g_support.html

I clicked the link and was able to initiate downloading. Try it if you are in a bind, but perhaps you should contact them first.

Cheers.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I can wait...no problem
I tell Jason just in case he didnt now the page was down.
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Trustee

Sorry, the site is back up . . . it was actually a "good" problem to have, meaning it was do to excessive bandwidth usage (we've amended that situation). I'm sure a lot of sites would like to have that problem :)

Thanks,

Jason
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #8
Regular Crew

We had the same problem last year, the problem is that we didnt find out in two weeks.

Last edited by Sergio Sanchez; February 7th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K