DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Silicon Imaging SI-2K (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/)
-   -   Preview of the Film im working on (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/127019-preview-film-im-working.html)

Sergio Sanchez July 30th, 2008 02:40 PM

Preview of the Film im working on

I´ve been working in this project for a while now. We´ve just shoot it in May, using the SI-2K.

It was an ordeal.

This is just for internal use.

http://www.elitestudios.com.mx/rushe...fidential.html

Tell me what you think.

Bhaskar Dhungana July 30th, 2008 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its nice. The music seems a bit much, but thats how trailers generally are. The pictures look quite interesting. How was the color grading done? I had really liked the look of this picture that was posted earlier and was imaging the movie to be something like this...Nice work!!

Joseph Kassana July 31st, 2008 06:12 AM

The opening shot reminded me of There will be Blood. I'm impressed with the Si2k, a very pleasing cinematic image. More so than the Red.

Sergio Sanchez July 31st, 2008 05:44 PM

Thank you:

That has a very basic color correction. We exported everything to DPX and made a primary grading in SCRATCH. For the delivery material we will use something a little bit more sophisticated.

Bob Hart July 31st, 2008 10:10 PM

Sergio.

It is a nice look and classy touches like the reveal of the guy coming in through the window behind the gown.

I am a music person and enjoy the arrangement and orchestration though I realise that the music for a trailer may not be in the final product.

I imagine that you are all well pleased with the work you have done and deservedly so.

Jason Rodriguez July 31st, 2008 10:37 PM

Sergio, fantastic footage :) . . . you should definitely be proud, and it's great to see you guys pushing the visual aesthetic that can be created with the SI-2K. It just proves that it's more than the tools, it's definitely the artist behind the tools that makes the images sing.

And of course, if you have any questions, we're here to help :)

Thanks,

Jason

Chris Lakes August 2nd, 2008 03:16 PM

That looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Any chance to find out a bit more info regarding lenses used, work flow, and, well, any other choices you made. I thought I remembered a blog about this, but can't find it now (maybe it was in Spanish, though).

Sergio Sanchez August 5th, 2008 04:05 PM

We shot the etire project with SI2K cams, we used three of them for almost every scene.
The lenses were Zeiss ultraprimes a set Super16 mkIII for the angulars, and 35mm ultra primes high speed for the teles.

We had seven weeks for the shooting, wich in the case of this production was very little time, some days we need to cover 5 to 8 pages of screenplay, thats why we used multiple camera setups.

The setups where Cam A on a dolly, Cam B on a dolly with a vario jib arm and Cam C was free. The dolly´s gave us the oportunity to have a wider coverage of the scenes, it takes you time to set up, but once you are ready you can shoot really fast.

David Taylor August 6th, 2008 11:15 PM

Sergio, great images. Thanks for sharing....

Eric Stemen August 9th, 2008 10:11 PM

That looked amazing!!

Mark Kenfield August 19th, 2008 10:27 PM

Beautiful images Sergio, just beautiful. What was your role on the project?

Sergio Sanchez August 21st, 2008 01:56 PM

I directed it, and I´m one of the editors.

Johan Pabon August 21st, 2008 03:58 PM

How a bout details in your picture

Very nice work!
Following the Red vs SI-2K discussion and not knowing which camera will be the best for me: how do think about the sharpness of your shots? Is it possible to send us some screenshots?

Best Regards,

Johan Pabon

Christopher Drews August 21st, 2008 04:59 PM

Congrats Sergio. You'll likely get distribution. I'm not sure about the dawn footage (could have been the compression) since it seems to contain artifacts.

Mind sharing the budget? Also, the music, was it composed for "Tequila"?

Sergio Sanchez August 21st, 2008 09:02 PM

The sharpness depends on the lenses used. The Super16mm lenses gives you sharper shots than the ones shot with the 35mm lenses. But both look really good.

Yeah the artifacts may have been done when compressed to flash video, there are some glitches on the dissolves that is my fault, i didnt have enough time to polish the color grading, just a couple of hours. But its not a final trailer so I think its not critical.

I dont have the full idea on the budget, but it´s something around US$3m, and the music we used is from xray dog music libraries. We are still deciding on the composer.

The stills, I´ve been trying to upload some but for some reason is not working. I will try again later.