Isn't it time for a new product from SI? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old March 26th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Isn't it time for a new product from SI?

Is the SI2K and its workflow stable enough for another product from SI? Next generation of SI2K perhaps? Higher frame rates, full size chips?
Bhaskar Dhungana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Regular Crew

A version 2.0 of the software would also be welcome.
Manuel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Being that I already have bought the camera and lenses I'd be hoping for software updates (other frame rates, frame sizes, thumbnails etc) rather than a whole new camera - I'm really not looking for a 35mm size sensor.
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I sincerely hope they don't do a RED on us and force a complete hardware upgrade path in order for us to stay in the game. On the other hand, I also hope they do not sit on their hands and let the product fall into obsolecence.

Hopefully any future hardware improvements will be modular within the current hardware capsule.

3K native res on the "Mini" head would be nice but I would sacrifice this for even deeper dynamic range.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K