Battery for SI-2K mini?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old September 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Trustee

Battery for SI-2K mini??

Which battery can power Mini for about 2 hours in the field?
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Trustee

Will this Tenergy battery work?

Rechargeable Batteries & Battery Chargers - 14.8 volt - 16000mAh Heavy Duty Li-Poly Pack with PCB
Old September 30th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Trustee

OK, I see that I have incorrectly formulated my question - apologies.

Seems like about any battery will power SI-2K for a long time, since Mini only takes 6W power.

What I really meant was: I have a mini-ITX PC plus 10.9" monitor to power as well, and under full processor load, their combined consumption seems to be in 120W range.

So altogether I'm looking for a battery that can provide 130W of power for at least 2 hours, which translates into 260Wh spec (or higher.)

Ideas??
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

Alex,
I'd suggest you measure the actual power you are using with the full rig. You should measure it both during preview and during recording. You can measure DC current and multiply by the voltage to get power. Your numbers seem quite high and you would want to avoid hauling around more battery than you need.

One option is to put two smaller battery mounts connected through diodes to the DC input to your system. This way you can disconnect one and swap it without powering down the system.

The SI-2K body runs about 70W during recording and about 45W during preview.
Steve
Steve Nordhauser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K