Mobile Hardware recorder box for SI-2K - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old March 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Kaspar - It's all good. no offence taken.
Your web site looks very impressive.
did you custom make the camera handles?

Alex - that is an just an opticall illusion . no cable, no joystick.
its just an old handle grip we used, taken from an ancient stills camera.
the white cable is the power supply that dissapears behind Danit's hand and connects to the Mikegyver part.

we just use the touch capabilities of the screen to operate.
One disappointing thing about the screen was that on the specs they mention all the different and (many) output options, but they did not mention that its one big clumsy cable for ALL outputs.
So what you get is a custom VGA looking (but not) connection into the monitor which splits into a composite, vga, usb etc..very cumbersome.
and irreplacesible unfortunatly..

all the best

Lior
Lior Molcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi

Right now I am using the zacuto handles, I have also hacked a handheld trackball onto a 15mm rod to get camera control without letting go of the handle. Right now I am working on making custom wooden handle (a'la Aaton) witch has optical trackball integrated.

About VGA cable, at least for the 7" widescreen I had the cable has "break-out" in the middle from there I just cut the endings I didn't need. Maybe the design has changed meantime....
But the connector they use is industrial standard and You can find it in most electronics catalogues, so you could make Your own (I could help but shipping form Poland or Estonia wouldn't be very cost effective - also I have only the 7" to test if it works).

Maybe some food for thought....
-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Trustee

OK, since laptops disappoint, you can use my custom recorder, offered in Classifieds section now.

Please proceed in orderly fashion :)

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-...field-use.html
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K