Have you submitted your stereo SI-2K video to Sony? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old May 28th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Trustee

Have you submitted your stereo SI-2K video to Sony?

Hey, this may be interesting:

Online Video Contests - Sony and 3D World Video Competition

I'm not affiliated with the contest, just thought it'd be cool to let people who make stereo videos with SI-2K know.

Bob?..
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Alex.

Thanks for the link.

I have sent an email with the link to Steve Rice to pass on to an effects editor whose name I can't disclose as I have not sought consent. Hopefully they might submit the full-on edited effects clip this extract was filmed for.

YouTube - 3D TEST 50LB.wmv

The editor is something of a computer genius, apparently authored some past popular computer games and has written his own code for automating the post-production 3D convergence process on PC, Premiere CS* I think. He did not do the side-by-side assembly of the youtube clip, I did so it should not be taken as indicative of his work. The full-on assembly was a staged oriental style stickfight with green screen behind windows in background with backgrounds composed in later.

As co-incidence would have it, we were out today testing the Ronford 3D rig which has been bought in for the Bali project. Because one of the data cables got left behind, we put the full recorder unit/Mini head assemblies on it. The Vinten tripod didn't like it much but the Ronford system itself was solid. Have now to find out how to sync the two complete cameras. So far we have only synced the cams with the heads on umbilicals. Needs to be learned for 2D multicam events.

Regards.

Bob Hart.

Last edited by Bob Hart; May 29th, 2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K