CineForm team with SI camera wins best Cinematography award. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old July 25th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That did happen. Cool huh?

I liked Killer Bean stuff (John Woo parody right?), I don't know if the engineer who did the toaster voice has ever seen it.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #17
Regular Crew

The guy who did the Killer Bean voice was Jeff Lew but it doesn't sound the same to me.
Pete Tomov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #18
Major Player

Are you sure the anomaly with the man's face out of focus on the left of the frame isnt just an issue with an uneven lens mount/sensor plane? That or the lens is awfully soft toward the edges. Either or both would make sense since the vignetting on the left side seems to show that the central axis of the lens is not in line with the center of the sensor.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Yuan-Vogel
Are you sure the anomaly with the man's face out of focus on the left of the frame isnt just an issue with an uneven lens mount/sensor plane? That or the lens is awfully soft toward the edges. Either or both would make sense since the vignetting on the left side seems to show that the central axis of the lens is not in line with the center of the sensor.
Are you asking me? I'm asking why he is soft when he is right next to her, I have no idea why, that's why I'm asking.

Is vignetting that darkness that is showing up on the left side of the frame and mostly in the left corners in a lot of shots?
Wes Vasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #20
Inner Circle

The guy on the left seems to be a big fellow, his partner on the right a very much smaller person.

My guess is the intent of the composition of the shot would be to reduce his presence a little and emphasise hers to even things up a little.

This seems to have been constructed by placing him to be sitting furthur away from the camera - note the left shoulder position relative to rest of body, bent foward, bringing him into apparent alignment with her but creating distance from the camera to him, bringing her relatively closer.

Therefore any softer shallow depth-of-field effect will be on him if the sharp focus is upon her.

Just a thought.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #21
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We did mess around with back focus during that early shots (of which this was one.) So we may have messing something up. It is a lens issue, plus we were typically running around F1.8.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K