Spoon Successfully wraps! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old May 28th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Presler View Post
I think they are planning a Christmas release.

In the meantime, the cameras have been busy shooting another feature called Discreet:

http://discreetdiaries.blogspot.com/

Are you guys renting the cameras or what's the deal?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #17
Trustee

We are not renting cameras directly, but there are some rental houses on our list of pre-orders to be part of the first production run of cameras. The SI-2K will be released at the end of June/beginning of July, and is currently in the begining stages of production (i.e., we are starting up our first production run/assembly of cameras for the June/July delivery date). So things are right on target.

You can contact Steve Nordhauser for information on where to rent a camera once they have been delivered. His number is (518) 279-9098.

The AtomicVFX guys are behind "Discreet", so they are using the same cameras they purchased from us last year (that is the first prototypes we had at NAB last year that they used to shoot "Spoon") . . . so their cameras are still working :)

They have not received any of the new camera systems from P+S Technik that will be a part of the first commerically availabe production run in late June/early July.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney View Post
Curious as to why Premier Pro2 is presenting a challenge?
I'd like to know also. I Prefer the Adobe workflow with Premiere Pro to Final Cut any day. I've used both for just about every format.

I'm guessing this guy has never used PPro2 before or just doesn't know any better.
Steve Collins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K