DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Silicon Imaging SI-2K (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/)
-   -   When Will Camera Be Avalible? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/73080-when-will-camera-avalible.html)

David Mintzer August 6th, 2006 09:46 AM

When Will Camera Be Avalible?

Sorry if this has been answered before---(I did a cursory search and couldn't find anything on the board or on the site).

Jason Rodriguez August 6th, 2006 04:01 PM

Hi David,

Not to worry, we're working on it, adding in some great new features (based on your requests), qualifying equipment, adding more field-test projects, and getting ready for production parts . . . I'm not allowed to tell you exactly when we're going to ship, but let's just say relatively "soon" ;)

John Benton August 6th, 2006 06:35 PM

Jason,
To clarify, there are 2 versions of the SI-1920 correct?
--The one that appeared at NAB with the swappable HD
--& the SI-1920 HD (mini) that David Newman shot that nice short with.

maybe they are similar core versions & what was shown at NAB didn't need a laptop to stream as it was recording to a HDrive (also had a touch screen).
But for the bare bones we could hook to and control with a laptop

Time Frame for both is soon? and ballpark Cost of each?
Forgive me, I am trying to navigate the info on each - I am extremely interested with what Mr. Newman shot his short with
Specs/ Size/ Intechangable Lenses & the sheer look are fantastic

Thanks,
J

Heath McKnight August 6th, 2006 09:27 PM

I believe there is one that's 2k and a 1080i/p model that is a bit smaller. I think. Jason, Ari, can you confirm/deny?

Thanks,

heath

David Mintzer August 7th, 2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Rodriguez
Hi David,

Not to worry, we're working on it, adding in some great new features (based on your requests), qualifying equipment, adding more field-test projects, and getting ready for production parts . . . I'm not allowed to tell you exactly when we're going to ship, but let's just say relatively "soon" ;)

Thanks Jason---I eagerly await the announcement.

John Benton August 7th, 2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
I believe there is one that's 2k and a 1080i/p model that is a bit smaller. I think. Jason, Ari, can you confirm/deny?

Thanks,

heath

Thanks Heath,
I don't know why I think this doesn't have to do with the size - I thought that the size was related to having a processor in camera that could enable recording to hard drive.

Don Donatello August 7th, 2006 10:19 PM

from what i recall ...
there are 2 versiosn of the camera ..
mini - which is the sensor with lens mount - you connect to your computer ..
then there is the full body model that was shown at NAB but the body shown was a beta model design - not the final model design ... they have been listening to all the post - the final design should take into account what has been posted/requested ...also on the full body model the sensor block can be separated from the body ( recorder) ...

as far as i recall there is only a 1920x1080 camera available this fall not a 2k.

John Benton August 8th, 2006 07:23 AM

Good.
Thanks Don,
I can't wait for these cameras to come !