DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Silicon Imaging SI-2K (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/)
-   -   Delivery dates (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-imaging-si-2k/75862-delivery-dates.html)

Brian Drysdale September 20th, 2006 04:22 AM

Delivery dates

Someone I know has funding for a couple of cameras in this price range. At the moment he's considering the XDCAM HD, but the SI could be an option.

How are the delivery dates for the camera at the moment? He has a deadline for the end of October.

Carlos Osterling September 20th, 2006 06:05 AM

Good question!

I am in exactly the same position. I am considering the XDcam also! I am waiting for the SI because it seems a better otion for the money. But time is an issue. I am hoping something happens very soon.

Jason Rodriguez September 20th, 2006 08:08 AM

Expect announcements on Nov 2nd.

Sorry to be so vague.

Steve Nordhauser September 20th, 2006 08:19 AM

SI availability

Hi,
The SI Mini (camera head) is available now and the full DVR (camera with recording) will be available early November. We will have some big announcements regarding new features. Contact me off list if you need more information.
Regards,
Steve

Brian Drysdale September 20th, 2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Nordhauser
Hi,
The SI Mini (camera head) is available now and the full DVR (camera with recording) will be available early November. We will have some big announcements regarding new features. Contact me off list if you need more information.
Regards,
Steve

Neat. I'll pass the info and dates over to him and find out the requirements of the funders.

Carlos Osterling September 20th, 2006 09:43 PM

Expecting news

Thanks Jason, I will be expecting news from you, please keep us posted.

John Benton September 21st, 2006 07:21 AM

-I am correct in assuming that the camera head can run into a laptop (usb2/firewire) and record to Cineform Raw?
-What is the price for the camera head?
-(also the Cineform Raw)
- Is there a ETA for Cineform on Intel MacBookPro's?
(I am assuming that with the upcoming core2dou they will now be fast enough,

Thanks,
John

Steve Nordhauser September 21st, 2006 07:35 AM

The camera head runs gigabit ethernet to a NIC card in a PC. Our Recorder software with the Cineform RAW encoder runs under XP on the PC. Once you record on a USB 2.0 or firewire drive, it can then be moved to another machine.

For pricing contact me off-line.

The record application is an XP only application. The editing for Premiere with the Cineform tools is in place now. Cineform will have a solution for FCP by November.

Recording requires a Core2 Duo processor, at least 2.3GHz. There are some other requirements we can discuss.

-Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Benton
-I am correct in assuming that the camera head can run into a laptop (usb2/firewire) and record to Cineform Raw?

-What is the price for the camera head?
-(also the Cineform Raw)

- Is there a ETA for Cineform on Intel MacBookPro's?
(I am assuming that with the upcoming core2dou they will now be fast enough,

Thanks,
John

Jason Rodriguez September 21st, 2006 02:04 PM

BTW, slight revision to the 2.3Ghz specification . . .

This is what we highly recommend to use all the features we've been putting in with the best compression settings . . .

lower-quality compression needs less processing power. Also lower resolutions need less processing power. And finally lower frame-rates need less processing power.

You could do 720/24P with a Dothan-based Pentium M notebook from last year. Also 1080/24P with the lowest compression quality setting (which still looks good) will also work on a normal Yonah notebook.

If you want all the bells and whistles we're putting in though, you've gotta have the fastest machine you can get your hands on when it comes to laptops.

Brian Drysdale September 22nd, 2006 04:14 AM

Given the likely local competition that a SI would have here; how do the pictures from the SI camera compare to those from a Sony HDW 750 or a F900?

Just that commercials production companies might be more interested than the traditional ENG camera users.

Scott Auerbach September 22nd, 2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

For pricing contact me off-line.

The record application is an XP only application. The editing for Premiere with the Cineform tools is in place now. Cineform will have a solution for FCP by November.

Recording requires a Core2 Duo processor, at least 2.3GHz. There are some other requirements we can discuss.

-Steve

Steve:
You may be swamped with info requests, but I messaged you a couple of days ago, and haven't heard back yet. Let me know if you didn't get the message, and I'll re-send. I'm in the market for a new camera in the near future, but have some questions about the head-only config.
Thanks

Steve Nordhauser September 22nd, 2006 08:53 AM

Sorry Scott. I'm plowing through some responses this morning. You are next.
Steve

Scott Auerbach September 22nd, 2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Sorry Scott. I'm plowing through some responses this morning. You are next.
Steve

No sweat... I was just checking. Never used the forum for a private email before, so just wanted to make sure it got through.

Joe Carney September 22nd, 2006 11:14 AM

Steve I sent you and email too.

Thanks for taking the time.

Joe Carney September 25th, 2006 09:29 AM

haven't heard anything, did I ask the wrong questions?