Orlando SI/CineForm Workflow and Hands-On Seminar at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old February 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Trustee

Orlando SI/CineForm Workflow and Hands-On Seminar

The Silicon Imaging - Cineform Workflow.

DATE: Thursday February 15, 2007

B.B. Mobile Productions, Florida Camera Rental
8056 Oakland Place
Suite "A"
Orlando, FL 32819
Office: 407.299.1111
Fax: 407.299.3311
bbmp@mac.com

Parking: Shuttle van provided from PCOL Church
4700 Lincoln Street, Orlando 32819
[Intersection of Conroy Rd. & Lincoln Street]
Please park at the far end of parking lot near the street.

Refreshments and snacks will be served between sessions. Admission is free but space is limited.

RSVP: Steve Nordhauser or Alison Russel
seminars@siliconimaging.com

Steve Nordhauser of Silicon Imaging and David Taylor of Cineform will cover the following topics:

FOOTAGE (10)
- Segment of Spoon footage
- Dave Faires' work
- Logistics of the shooting

INTRODUCTION TO RAW (20)
- Concepts - What is RAW? ("Digital Negative")
- Benefits of shooting RAW for both camera and post-production
- Integrated workflow Overview: Camera-to-post

INTRODUCTION to SI-2K (20)
- Models (Mini, DVR)
- Differences from standard cameras
- 3D LUTs discussion (on set and post ramifications)
- Pricing and accessories

POST WORKFLOW AND EXAMPLES (20)
- RAW workflow concepts
- Premiere / AE
- Final Cut Pro
- Keying

DISCUSSION (20)

This material will be covered in two sessions, and you may attend whichever you prefer. First session from 10:00am - 11:30am, second session 12:00pm - 1:30pm. Please indicate your preference when RSVPing.

Please RSVP early, as space will be limited to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible.

The Silicon Imaging camera takes an entirely new approach to camera design. The workflow from beginning to end has been the foremost design consideration in this new line of cameras. Cineform RAW® native to the camera and 3D LUTs will change the way you work. Come see how this makes your artistic creation much easier and more intuitive.

For more information, visit:
http://www.siliconimaging.com/DigitalCinema/
http://cineform.com
and of course our hosts at:
www.bbmpinc.com
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Trustee

Jason,
I'd love to come but one trip over the Pacific to the USA per year is about my limit and I'm already commited to NAB. Any chance you guys could run the same thing at NAB?
Or better still, package all this info up onto a DVD or something that I can get my hands on? We're pretty close to ordering a camera but that's the easy part. I need to cost out the whole deal for a rental company and include whatever form of post production facilities we might need to offer as well. I realise there's going to be a range of options in certain areas but just mapping out those areas is a bit of a challenge at the moment.
I can understand your reluctance to recommend 3rd party products but at least a few recommendations as to what you know will work in the way of color grading, monitors etc would be helpfull, at least so I know where to start looking. Just trying to work out a lens package is enough of a headache.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Trustee

Yes, we will be at NAB for sure . . . details on NAB will be coming out soon.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Trustee

As far as monitoring goes, we would suggest on the high-end a Cinetal monitor with the DVI input option. A lower-end version could be as simple as a 24" Dell or Apple monitor. You could also use a 30" monitor as well, as we will fit to scale any monitor we input into on the external monitor.

For lenses, there will be some new developments in the coming weeks before NAB, but suffice to say, we have a PL-mount, and so you can fit any PL-mount lens package you have that can cover S16. This would include the Zeiss super-speed collection, the new Cooke Primes and Zooms for S16, and the new Arri Ultra Primes with the Ultra 16 lenses to cover the wide-angles that the rest of the Ultra Prime set won't cover.

For color-grading we of course recommend Speedgrade DI, although there are a number of other third-party solutions that would work as well. CineForm will be coming out with QT support for CineForm RAW soon, and that will help greatly with the choices you will have available, as any program that can support deep-pixel QT formats should work nicely with CineForm RAW.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K