Sony FDR-AX100 - Page 128 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 20th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #1906
Major Player

Re: Sony FDR-AX100

I have just tried it but it doesn't work. I have a Sony SD card. The software worked for many minutes, it see that file but did was not abled to restore it.

Last edited by Adriano Moroni; March 20th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
Adriano Moroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #1907
Regular Crew

Adriano

Welcome to the world of dead batteries. Your problem sounds so much like mine and that is why I tried a test to see the problem.
I too tried to recover in camera but no use. Possibly one has to do it before recording any more. I also searched for and tried several software fixes, including a Sony fix for my Sony card,to no avail. Nate had suggested software from a Spanish firm, for use on Mac. Cost was way to high for my purposes and still no guarantee. I still have the 28GB file....just in case there is a fix. Meanwhile I have apologized to customers and ensured I am using Sony batteries for the future. Mind you when they arrive I will run a similar test and at least have a benchmark for the future.

Good luck

Last edited by Martin Archer-Shee; March 21st, 2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Martin Archer-Shee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #1908
Major Player

It seems incredible there is no solution for that problem of that corrupted file.
Old March 20th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #1909
Inner Circle

Maybe try this one?: Sony Global - Memory Media Portal - File Rescue Software
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #1910
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I used that Sony foftware but it was not able to solve the problem. Anyway thanks.
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #1911
Regular Crew

Noa

I now use an iMac but dragged out my old windows 7 computer and downloaded the file you mention to use on my sony memory card, but did not work. With a shot. Try almost anything..... Thanks
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #1912
Inner Circle

Have you tried importing the file with sony playmemories home?
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #1913
Regular Crew

Tried Playmemories but the subject clip would not show up
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #1914
Major Player

I have just installed Playmemories but the software doesn't see that corrupted file. What a pity!
Old March 24th, 2017, 02:02 AM   #1915
Major Player

EDIT: I have just solved my problem with this website: Video Repair Tool
I paid aroud 100 euro for 7 minutes but now I view my file perfectly.
Old March 24th, 2017, 02:43 AM   #1916
Inner Circle

That's good to know, does the file also import, edit and export well in you NLE?
Old March 24th, 2017, 02:46 AM   #1917
Inner Circle

And how does it actually work? I see you can select a clip in the browser to get a free diagnose, what happens after a damaged file has been analysed, are you then able to view it or does it just tell you weather it can or cannot be repaired?
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:43 AM   #1918
Regular Crew

Adriano

Glad to hear you were able to get your file back, even at a cost.

This seems to be the same program that Nate mentioned earlier. However the name appears different. Treasured was the previous name, but the idea and the people seem to be the same. Obviously cost has to be balanced against the need. In my case a one hour file was not economic.

good for you.

PS I now have two Sony branded FV 100 batteries.
Old March 24th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #1919
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
And how does it actually work? I see you can select a clip in the browser to get a free diagnose, what happens after a damaged file has been analysed, are you then able to view it or does it just tell you weather it can or cannot be repaired?
Edius 8 did not succeed to charge that damaged file. Now my file is perfect, like all other files.

How I get that file problem: In the meantime I recorded the screening of my camera has began to blink. I turned off my camera and I changed the battery. I finished my work without problems but I get problems with my file even if I did not lose any frame..
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #1920
Regular Crew

There is a program called Convert V4 which is available at hdcinematics.com. You can download a free trial. Try to re-wrap the corrupted file to a MOV. file and see if that will allow the file to be recognized by your NLE. It seems that you have attempted everything else. It's worth a try at least.
Perhaps this will help,
Denny
Dennis Freeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds