X70 Timecode question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old May 2nd, 2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Major Player

X70 Timecode question

Is there a way to set-up the timecode so that when I start recording it starts at zero and in ten seconds it shows me that I recorded ten seconds? I can do this on my EX1 but for some reason cannot figure out how to do this on the X70.

Thanks.
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: X70 Timecode question

The only way I have found is to go to the menu and set the timecode to 0 before you start recording.
James E. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James E. Thomas View Post
The only way I have found is to go to the menu and set the timecode to 0 before you start recording.
I agree.
I have turned this camera upside down & backwards trying to get it to automatically reset to 0 for each take.
There is apparently no way to do it.
That function could be restored in a future firmware update, but I'm not sure that Sony recognizes this as being a actual problem for many of us.
Old May 13th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I do not think any of the Sony Pro cameras auto reset timecode. It means that there is no confusion in time sequence on the camera unless deliberately reset. Timecode works the same way on my NX30U and NX5U. There is however a setting that will continue the timecode that is on the media so you could preset the cards to any value for instance and make the default setting in the menu to use "regenerate" in the TC make menu. If you do not set any value for preset and the card is empty the time code will start at 0. If you have any recording on the card of course it will continue that time code.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds