DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   4K upgrade license received (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/529016-4k-upgrade-license-received.html)

Dave Contreras July 6th, 2015 04:38 PM

4K upgrade license received

But, holy moly do they make it difficult!

I created an account with eCsite and now just waitin for my password.

For those that have received their license, how long does this usually take?

Robert Young July 6th, 2015 04:44 PM

Re: 4K upgrade license received

Dave
What URL did you use to find the registration page??
Everytime I go to the eCSite link I get a page that has no option to sign up & register (U/N, P/W, etc.)
This is astonishingly lame
Thanks

Dave Contreras July 6th, 2015 05:24 PM

This is the link from the instructions

https://www.ecspert.sony.biz/ecsite/...ulationsDirect

Just agree to the terms then create your username. Once you're done, it will say they will email a password. Why do they make this so difficult?

Robert Young July 6th, 2015 05:54 PM

That worked great
All my prior attempts resulted in error messages- maybe the site was down earlier
Many thanks

Dave Contreras July 6th, 2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Young (Post 1891733)
That worked great
All my prior attempts resulted in error messages- maybe the site was down earlier
Many thanks

Let me know how long it takes to get a password. I submitted my request about 4 hours ago and I'm still waiting. It baffles me that Sony, one of the biggest electronics company, uses a website for registration that looks like it was written in 1998.

Atticus Lake July 6th, 2015 09:15 PM

I got my PW in about 5 minutes. But yes, they're not exactly showing their best high-tech face.

Dave Contreras July 6th, 2015 11:50 PM

I finally got mine. I went through the whole process and the key doesn't work :/

Atticus Lake July 7th, 2015 12:36 AM

Only thing I can suggest is make sure you put in the device ID correctly.

You can check this -- open the key file in a text editor (it's a text file, despite not being called .txt) and you'll see the ID in the first two fields (with a comma between the parts). Compare this with the device ID from the camera's "Options" menu. If the numbers don't EXACTLY match, that's the problem.

(Don't go by the printed serial # on the bottom, because it could just possibly be wrong.)

Dave Contreras July 7th, 2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Lake (Post 1891762)
Only thing I can suggest is make sure you put in the device ID correctly.

You can check this -- open the key file in a text editor (it's a text file, despite not being called .txt) and you'll see the ID in the first two fields (with a comma between the parts). Compare this with the device ID from the camera's "Options" menu. If the numbers don't EXACTLY match, that's the problem.

(Don't go by the printed serial # on the bottom, because it could just possibly be wrong.)

Yep, just checked it and it's identical. Should I add an extension to the file?

Atticus Lake July 7th, 2015 08:47 AM

Nope. The file goes into the top-level folder of the SD card, and should be exactly as downloaded -- the name should be like

CBKZ-X70FXINSTALLKEY_20150707111234567

with no extension. Then put the SD card in the "A" slot of the camera, and you should be able to load it in the "Options" menu.

If it doesn't work... call Sony, I guess, because I'm out of ideas. I suppose you could try a different SD card.

Sorry mate, I would love to help....

Dave Contreras July 7th, 2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Lake (Post 1891794)
Nope. The file goes into the top-level folder of the SD card, and should be exactly as downloaded -- the name should be like

CBKZ-X70FXINSTALLKEY_20150707111234567

with no extension. Then put the SD card in the "A" slot of the camera, and you should be able to load it in the "Options" menu.

If it doesn't work... call Sony, I guess, because I'm out of ideas. I suppose you could try a different SD card.

Sorry mate, I would love to help....

Yeah thanks. I did exactly that with no luck.

Bob Searl July 7th, 2015 05:15 PM

Are you "double positive " that you had it in the A slot? Mine didn't work until I put the disk in the A slot. Then it gave me the option to install the update. This is the most bizarre update process that I have ever seen---waiting months and then days to pass around 30 byte data files...! It is staggering!

I haven't tried actually importing XAVC-QHD yet...to busy from an existing job. But I did get the install to work, and I verified that my camera can select and (apparently) record a 4K file.

Dave Contreras July 7th, 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Searl (Post 1891834)
Are you "double positive " that you had it in the A slot? Mine didn't work until I put the disk in the A slot. Then it gave me the option to install the update. This is the most bizarre update process that I have ever seen---waiting months and then days to pass around 30 byte data files...! It is staggering!

I haven't tried actually importing XAVC-QHD yet...to busy from an existing job. But I did get the install to work, and I verified that my camera can select and (apparently) record a 4K file.

Yep I did everything correct. I ended up getting on the line with Sony. They had to send me a new install key. It finally worked and I shot a little at the beach this evening. Now how to import the footage into FC....

Dave Contreras July 7th, 2015 08:23 PM

Wow just brought the footage into final cut. Wow! I know it's relatively low bit rate but it looks incredible.

Robert Young July 9th, 2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Contreras (Post 1891847)
...I ended up getting on the line with Sony....

Three days ago I registered on the eCSite with apparently no problem, but have not yet received a password.
Dave- what is the phone # that got you in touch with the right people at Sony??