X70 4k Upgrade - The Install - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 2nd, 2016, 07:08 PM   #31
Photographer

Re: X70 4k Upgrade - The Install

Definitely not the most intuitive process ever designed. I ended up goofing it up to the point that Sony Japan had to get involved and unlock my key for me. Glad you got it ironed out.
Old April 4th, 2016, 09:05 AM   #32
Major Player

I spent yesterday afternoon helping a friend get acclimated to his new X70, coming from an old Sony VX-2000. He ordered the 4k version of the camera, but surprisingly, the 4k option was not installed - rather, the "little box of paper" for the upgrade came in the camera box.

Talk about a pain in the butt!! I had unfortunately not seen the video from this thread, however as reported the Sony website is now somewhat different than before and does NOT exactly match the directions supplied on the tablecloth thing.

Getting the first email was easy enough, but things went downhill after that trying to get the upgrade file downloaded. I followed the process multiple times and it just was not cooperating, but being a patient fellow, I kept doing the process over the over. I've heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, but on about the 10th try it suddenly acted different than all the times before and gave me the download and we got it working. What an absolute joke though...

That said, amazing little camera that I look forward to working with more (friend will borrow it to me)

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #33
Trustee

Well, then...
The thing about insanity- it's not true!
I always wondered about that ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds