DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   Error code C:13:01 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/529505-error-code-c-13-01-a.html)

Roland Achini August 26th, 2015 06:36 AM

Error code C:13:01

My Sony Expert SDXC 128GB 94MB/s card is corrupt. I cannot transfer the data to the PC, error C:13:01 appears. The instructions to restore the card are: 1. Initialize the camera, 2. Remove the battery for 1 minute, 3. Formate the card. But this procedure would eliminate all data.

I looked for R-Studio 7.7 data recovery. This software scans cards to dedect mssing data. However, I have no access to the card without reformatting the card first.

Has error code C:13:01 happend to other Sony X70 users?

Jeff Harper August 26th, 2015 03:29 PM

Re: Error code C:13:01

Curious, did you put card in a card reader and try to read from your PC?

Roland Achini August 26th, 2015 11:01 PM

Yes, Jeff, I did that. Same Problem.

Tom Grushka August 27th, 2015 07:17 AM

Does the camera still read the card?

I think it has an option to copy files, doesn't it? If you can read the card in the camera, I think it's possible to transfer files to a second card...

If not... do you have access to a Mac or Linux machine? There are some recovery tools available for these platforms as well.

If the card does not read on a Mac or Linux box either (says it is not initialized or something), worse comes to worse, a quick (not low level!!!) format then an immediate full recovery of the data (an app that scans the entire contents of the memory of the card for lost files) might work.

Christopher Young August 27th, 2015 07:37 AM

Error C:13:01 is a read error and usually associated with dirty card connections. Even been known to happen with new cards!

Get a thin piece of pencil rubber / eraser and carefully clean the contacts on the card. A Microfibre cleaning cloth can also help fix the problem. Quite often one of these two options will rectify the problem if it is dirty card contacts. If that doesn't work try cleaning the card contacts with a very small amount of Isopropyl alcohol using a soft piece of lint free cloth. Just get the cloth damp, no more than that.

If that doesn't work after the card is cleaned try pushing the card in and out about a dozen times or so and re-clean it and try it in out again a number of times. Sometimes this will help clean the contacts in the camera slot. Sad to say if that doesn't work then it's usually back to the workshop for a service to the camera.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Roland Achini August 31st, 2015 04:10 AM

Thanks to Tom and Christopher. I was on holidays a few days, that's why my answers come late.

Tom:
In the camera, the card is NOT recognized. C:13:01 flashes constantly. On my PC (I have no Mac, no Linux) the message "Format" appears. At least, the card is recognized.

Christopher: I cleaned the card physically and chemically according to your suggestions. I repeatedly pushed the card in and out. No success.

The card is from Sony. Sony has a file rescue Software for their cards, however this works for AVCHD, MP4 and some other file formats only, but not for XAVCHD. Sony has recommended to me to try a professional third-party Software.

I will make a quick Format and then try this third-party Software.

Christopher Young September 1st, 2015 08:39 AM

Hmm! Sad to hear no go. Trust you find a solution. Good luck with it.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Roland Achini September 1st, 2015 09:02 AM

I have now tried the third party data recovery software "RStudio", recommended from the Sony
Data Recovery Service in Belgium:

Datei- und Datenrettungssoftware. Programm für die Wiederherstellung von Festplatten

However, I was only able to restore some metadata, no Video data.

Dave Blackhurst September 2nd, 2015 01:44 PM

On another thread in DVi (wedding/event section), Recuva was recommended - don't give up, some file recovery software is more effective than others. Since you've been able to recover some files, there's still a rather good chance you can get the rest. Depending on the value of the footage, there are also some paid file recovery programs that may work...

I know the Lexar cards I've been picking up actually include a code for their "Image Rescue" software - haven't tried it, but I've got a "few" pass codes, I could PM one to you if nothing else works...

Having file corruption is a pain, but other than the few times I've run into a device that was "hacked" some way or physically damaged, I've managed to recover the large majority of "lost" files. Hang in there!

Roland Achini September 3rd, 2015 01:06 AM

Thank you, Dave.

I have already formatted the card in my camera, so there is almost no chance to recover anything.
The lost clips are not so important, most of them I could produce again.

For future problems of this kind, I will try Recuva.

Roland Achini September 5th, 2015 08:30 AM

I made some more tests and learned the following:

The occurence of error code C:13:01 only (but not regrarly) appears, when I have played back thumbnails and then removed the card from the camera and use the PC-built-in cardreader.

As mentioned earlier, for safety reasons I record now simultaneously on two cards. And, as expected, the second card remains a safe place for lost data on the rirst card.

Paul Anderegg September 8th, 2015 05:56 PM

I actually had that code yesterday. It happened after pulling the card out of my Macbook without ejecting. I tried restore in camera, said failed. I then tried a format, which locked up the camera. Took the battery off, put it back on, card showed up reformatted at that point.

For some strange reason FCP-X WILL NOT allow an SD card to be ejected if it has XAVC-L on it. I have to close FCP-X to eject or ingest a new card, very annoying.

Paul