DV Info Net

DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   X70 with BlackRapid shoulder slings (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/530291-x70-blackrapid-shoulder-slings.html)

Colin Oneill November 9th, 2015 01:08 PM

X70 with BlackRapid shoulder slings

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the camcorder with shoulder slings like The BlackRapid RS-7?

I do a lot of grassroots activism work which which requires frequently having my hands free while having the camcorder close at hand to record footage. The RS-7 works great for my DSLRs, but I'm unsure if the X70 camcorder body is strong enough to hang from its tripod mount with/without a shotgun mic. Any input anyone?

Yuri Gershberg November 9th, 2015 01:23 PM

Re: X70 with BlackRapid shoulder slings

1 Attachment(s)
this is my setup using Black Rapid "Shot"

Colin Oneill November 9th, 2015 04:25 PM

Thanks for your response. :-)

How is the sling attached to the camera? It doesn't look like it's screwed into the tripod mount in this case. My main concern is the tripod mount not being strong enough for the weight of the camera + shotgun mic.

Yuri Gershberg November 10th, 2015 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using this bracket cut to half (due to the handle size).
camera hangs very naturally and ready for action this way.
BTW tripod mount was not an option for me since there's always a quick release plate attached.

Paul Hardy November 10th, 2015 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Oneill (Post 1902415)
Thanks for your response. :-)

How is the sling attached to the camera? It doesn't look like it's screwed into the tripod mount in this case. My main concern is the tripod mount not being strong enough for the weight of the camera + shotgun mic.

Tripod mount will easily be strong enough to hold the weight of the camera & shotgun, you could even add a video light & a wireless receiver to that too!

Colin Oneill November 12th, 2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuri Gershberg (Post 1902453)
I'm using this bracket cut to half (due to the handle size).
camera hangs very naturally and ready for action this way.
BTW tripod mount was not an option for me since there's always a quick release plate attached.

That looks like a great way to attach the sling. It seems like it would be quicker to grab the camera this way than if it were attached at the tripod mount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Hardy (Post 1902458)
Tripod mount will easily be strong enough to hold the weight of the camera & shotgun, you could even add a video light & a wireless receiver to that too!

That's reassuring. :-)