DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   4K Rebate in Canada? anybody get it yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/530729-4k-rebate-canada-anybody-get-yet.html)

Andy Wason December 27th, 2015 09:25 AM

4K Rebate in Canada? anybody get it yet?

I filled out my rebate form and gave them everything they need. (and probably more!) I sent it in on Sept 10th, but have received nothing back yet. has anybody in Canada (I'm in Ontario) received their rebate?
Andy

Gerry Fraiberg December 28th, 2015 09:24 PM

Re: 4K Rebate in Canada? anybody get it yet?

I'm still waiting. However, when I contacted Sony, I was told there were some changes at Sony Canada in September and some people were no longer with the company. My rebate application form was found, and apparently had been processed. Last I heard they were trying to find out what happened to my rebate check. I wonder how widespread the rebate problem is in Canada.

Andy Wason December 30th, 2015 09:44 AM

Hi Gerry, who did you contact? I keep getting the runaround when i try to contact Sony Canada.
Thanks,
Andy

Lou Bruno December 30th, 2015 04:23 PM

Always skeptical and wary of rebate programs. Like pulling teeth. Some you never get while others take months and that is if you follow up and not forget the rebate itself.

This seems exactly what I am conveying.

John Nantz December 30th, 2015 06:06 PM

I’m with Lou on this, being skeptical and the pulling teeth. Went around with Fuji on their Technostabi binocular on a several hundered dollar rebate and it took months. Contacted the (US) Federal Trade Communication (FTC) and filed a complaint with them.

I Fugi’s case, because they didn’t seem to sell enough of the binoculars on the first rebate offer thay extended it. Their argument was they wanted to do all the rebates at the same time; hence, the pushing back of the date. Per the FTC that wouldn’t be my problem.

The FTC has some legal clout but it takes time and I think the companies know that.
Rebates | Consumer Information
But it doesn’t hurt to get on the companie’s case about it. At least this way they know your arent forgetting about it.

One would think that other countries would have a similar consumer support government office.

David Dixon January 1st, 2016 10:23 AM

For what it's worth, in the U.S. once I called them and found out for sure that I had sent everything in and the web site status changed to "processing" it took exactly nine weeks to actually receive the check.

Andrew Gough January 10th, 2016 10:00 AM

I have not received anything yet either. If you have a contact name & number, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew

David Dixon January 12th, 2016 01:28 PM

These may all be US only, but maybe they can steer those in other countries to the right places...

https://www.merprorebates.com/merlin...mand=contactUs

Email:
SonyProRebates@meridinet.com

Phone:
(800) 295-5981

Once I got in touch with them, unlike the entire rest of the Sony upgrade process, they were very nice, friendly, and helpful.

Hope this helps

Gerry Fraiberg January 19th, 2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Gough (Post 1906673)
I have not received anything yet either. If you have a contact name & number, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew

I apologize for not replying sooner as I haven't been on dvinfo.net.

I contacted Sony through an info request form on the Canadian pro site, and they responded within a few days.

https://www.sonybiz.ca/pro/lang/en/c...-sitehomepage/

Last I heard, the cheque is in the mail.

Andy Wason January 25th, 2016 06:51 AM

Thanks Gerry, I've emailed them my request. Did you get your cheque yet? As far as I can tell from this thread, nobody in canada has received theirs.

Andy Wason January 25th, 2016 10:28 AM

Just got this message back...all is not yet lost!

"Hello Andrew,

We did receive your form and documents the check is being processed but due to some systems issue there has been a delay in getting these check out for this promotion. I have been told the check should be mailing this week

Regards,"

Andrew Gough January 29th, 2016 06:59 PM

Sony Canada emailed me this:

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply but I was checking information with our accounting department. Due to some transitional issue this check has not been sent out yet but we are aware of it and it is in progress. I apologize for the delay but hope to have further information next week.

Regards,

Andy Wason February 21st, 2016 08:04 AM

Still no cheque. Supposed to be mailed week after jan 25th! What's wrong with these people?

Gerry Fraiberg February 22nd, 2016 09:46 PM

I got my cheque last week. Finally.

Andy Wason February 23rd, 2016 12:47 PM

Good news Gerry...at least they are following through.