New Sony AX-53 Testing - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 30th, 2016, 01:52 AM   #91
Major Player

Re: New Sony AX-53 Testing

I'm doing some more test shots with the AX53. Does anyone know if it's possible to read the metadata within a editing system and burn-in the camera setting within the image. I now the camera can do it via HDMI.

Wondering if there is a plugin available. I'm PC based and may need to download a 30 trail of the editing software if needed. I'm Avid Media Composer based mainly and use Blackmagic Resolve for XAVC-S.
Mark Hartopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:41 PM   #92
Tourist

Hello everyone,

I have sony ax53 and i discovered when i use headphones for live monitoring there is a audio delay or sound like echo. Is it a normal for these sony cam?? wondering, is sony ax100 has the same problem?? if not, i'll pick ax100,
thanks for help.
Bogumil Adamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #93
Major Player

I have noticed that too. Sorry I don't have a answer for you. Something I have too look into over the weekend.
Old September 30th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #94
Inner Circle

The audio will be in sync with the video not the live sound. That is why you will hear an echo. Same is true for most cameras.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 05:12 PM   #95
Tourist

I know audio and video is sync in Fcp x, but is anoying when listen live, I've never got a problem on my pxw x70 but i sold a year ago. I would like to know is ax100 has the same problem audio delay like ax53
Old September 30th, 2016, 05:22 PM   #96
Inner Circle

I will check for you as I have both. Maybe tomorrow though as I am busy this evening.

Ron Evans
Old October 1st, 2016, 10:44 AM   #97
Inner Circle

All my cameras are the same with the sound in sync with the video on the LCD. There is no option to have no delay in the sound. By the way there is also a processing delay for the video displayed on the LCD. The AX100 is exactly the same as the AX53.

Ron Evans
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:16 AM   #98
Major Player

Just tested my AX53 with Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones and there is an echo while monitoring the sound. On playback the sound recording is fine. I also test it with a external mic. A Sennheiser K6/ME66 mic, again same problem but does not effect the recording.

Its is like you are getting a return signal from the delayed recording and hearing the live mic at a higher level for the live mic at the same time.

The only option is too trust your skills. Let go, trust your feelings and believe in the force.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 05:57 AM   #99
Inner Circle

What you are seeing on the LCD and hearing is the recorded/processed signal so there will be a delay due to the processing of the video and audio. The echo is from the fact you are hearing the recorded signal and your headphones do no fully insulate the live audio. With my closed back headphones if I press them to my ears then the effect is almost eliminated.

Ron Evans
Old October 2nd, 2016, 11:24 AM   #100
Tourist

Thank you guys for answers and help. it's true, delay is not affecting playback,
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:09 AM   #101
Major Player

Hi

Just fired up my AX53 after a rest period of a few weeks, no battery connected - it needed to reset place/time/date prefs. Does this mean the internal back-up battery is stuffed already? or does it need me to leave an external battery attached. My EX1 did this after 6 years, easy to replace the lithium battery - can't find information on the 53's internal power source as yet, any observations?

thanks

Paul :-)
Old October 5th, 2016, 05:33 AM   #102
Go Cycle

Not to worry. This is common to all cameras not used for some time as the internal small battery drains itself. Most cameras come with a smaller and limited time battery.....but keep in mind that even that battery will eventually drain.
Old October 5th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #103
Inner Circle

The internal battery will discharge after a while, I believe Sony says to attach a fully charged battery for at least 24 hours to "recharge" the internal, after which time it should hold the setup data again.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #104
Inner Circle

I have had the same issue with my sony cx730's after a long while of not using them.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #105
Inner Circle

The A/C adapter would also charge the internal battery...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds