DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   Can X70 PP's be Saved on SDXC Card? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/531847-can-x70-pps-saved-sdxc-card.html)

Ray Paula May 12th, 2016 10:46 AM

Can X70 PP's be Saved on SDXC Card?

Hi, I read somewhere here on the forum that you will lose custom PP's upon upgrading to new firmware. If this is the case, can the PP's be saved on your SDXC card? If so, how would you go about reloading it? As always, thanks in advance for your help. Ray

Jeff Pulera May 12th, 2016 01:03 PM

Re: Can X70 PP's be Saved on SDXC Card?

Hi Ray,

Pg. 100 of pdf user guide.

In camera menu, use OTHERS > CAMERA PROFILE

You will find LOAD and SAVE options

Thanks

Jeff

Ray Paula May 13th, 2016 06:06 AM

Thanks Jeff......... In plain site on page 100 as you stated. I feel a little foolish due to not seeing it before :( I see that the important thing to remember is to re-enter the custom PP upon formatting and/or updating the firmware on your card every time. Too bad there isn't a workaround for not having to re-enter all the custom PP settings each time. If there is, please let me know. Thanks again, Ray

Jeff Pulera May 13th, 2016 08:01 AM

Hi Ray,

I don't own the X70 - rather, just helped a friend choose it and have been helping him learn it and he has let me use it on a few jobs, so learning as I go. Don't feel bad about not finding certain options - I will do something in the camera and then next time I want to do that again, can't for the life of me find where that option went!!!

I shot a stage event last night and it was very heavy on smoke and lighting effects and when I watched the footage at home afterwards, I as really blown away by the quality, just amazing under the circumstances. Great little camera.

Thanks

Jeff

Robert Young May 16th, 2016 10:28 PM

BTW, when you save the settings to the SD card, it's not just the PP settings, it's all the custom settings you have made including custom button assignment, etc.

Ray Paula May 19th, 2016 10:09 AM

Thanks for the great replies........ Lots of options indeed which is nice, but it is easy to forget where certain changes were made. Makes it nice to be able to save them as mentioned. Thanks again for all your input. Ray

Ray Paula June 23rd, 2016 07:14 AM

I'm having a problem understanding how to save my PP's on an SDXC card. When choosing my custom PP there are a couple choices in the PP menu. Either you choose OK or Setting. I chose OK and it sets and I'm ready to record. I then chose Setting and I still can't find a way.
1) I don't see [YES] anywhere in the PP menu.
2) Where is the word [New File] for saving?
I'm missing something........ somewhere. Thanks, Ray

Page 100 user's manual:
LOAD
Load the camera profile, and execute the
settings.
1 Select the camera profile to be loaded
with the EXEC button.
2 Select [YES] on the confirmation
screen.
The camcorder restarts, and the loaded
camera profile becomes effective.
SAVE
You can save the camera profile.
1 Select [NEW FILE] or an existing
profile name with the v/V/b/B/EXEC
button.
2 Select [YES] on the confirmation
screen.
The camera profile is saved.

Ray Paula June 24th, 2016 06:51 AM

Thanks goes out to both, Jeff and Robert........ I now have it!! I wasn't looking under OTHERS > CAMERA PROFILE. I was trying to do this in the PP Settings menu. I'm a couple shades of red right now, but I'll get over it thanks to you two. Thanks again..... Ray