slight lean to rend on my AX-100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old August 6th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #1
Archivist for SMECC

slight lean to rend on my AX-100

Love this 4K AX-100 but I seem to get a shift towards reddish tones when in video mode. I checked the special cinema modes and they were OFF any idea how to correct or is this a warrantee issue? what to get things working good! love all the other features of the camera!

Is there just something I set wrong or moved? white balance is on auto.
Thanks Ed#

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 12:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: slight lean to rend on my AX-100

You can try to change that by pressing the white balance button on the side of the camera, then click on "option" button on the right side of the lcd screen and off-set the whitebalance towards blue. That would probably take some experimenting to get it where you want it to be, other option is to always manually whitebalance.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 06:59 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: slight lean to rend on my AX-100

Most of my shoots are in the theatre and with all the LED stage lights these days I set all cameras to the indoor WB preset. The AX100 and the AX53 seem sensitive to these LED lights and the AX53 in particular really boosts the colour in auto white balance. No point in setting white balance with the LED stage lights as they change colour temperature even within a scene. I find having a fixed WB is less disturbing and easier to fix in post if I have to. The only time I use auto is when everything is in auto to shoot my grandkids playing around.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds