New AX100 owner, what about my LANC remote? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old January 7th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New AX100 owner, what about my LANC remote?

I have a valued accessory from my previous camera which is a LANC cable connected remote. The remote is a RM-VD1. Is there a adapter cable available from a reliable scource that will convert between the 2.5mm LANC connector to the AX100 Multi connector please?
Warren Eagleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: New AX100 owner, what about my LANC remote?

It can be done with these two Sony adapter cables:

VMC-AVM1 (has a flat-style MULTI plug on one end for connection to the camera and a D-shaped jack on the other end)

A-3AV (has a D-shaped plug on one end for connecting to the VMC-AVM1 and a 2.5mm jack on the other end for connecting to your LANC remote control)

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank-you Mark, however I had hoped for a single cable. If no one comes back with a single cable solution I guess I will have to go with that. Thanks for your prompt reply.
Old January 8th, 2017, 03:59 AM   #4
Major Player

I understand there are some Sony LANC remote controls that are integrated into a tripod pan handle, and they will connect without an adapter, or maybe just one adapter. I looked at this option and it would be a serious step backwards from my Canon ZR2000 LANC remote + Sachtler FSB4 head that I use with my two FDR-AX100s and two FDR-AX53s. The two adapter cables' total length is not very long, maybe 14 inches or even less. With my Canon remote, I get good variable zooms or 8 different speeds, creep to crash.

Mark
Old January 8th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I think you have answered my question, I will settle for the two cables thanks, not too expensive from B&H. I had an NX70 prior when LANC was king. Still it was a great cam till XAVCS arrived. Thanks for your response.
Old January 10th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Mark can I ask another 'newbe' question seeing you are experienced in AX100 operation. Can I use a 128G SDXC memory card in the AX100 and can it be used for any video format the camera can create?
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #7
Major Player

You can use a 128GB SDXC card, but in order to use the 100Mbps mode of 4K, it has to be a U3 rated card. Non-U3 SDXC cards will record all the other modes, including 60Mbps 4K. I have been using this card:

SanDisk Extreme PRO 95MB/s SDXC U3 10 256GB.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...dhc_256gb.html

Mark
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks for that, I do have a U3 rated 128GB SDXC by SONY so all is sweet, cheers.
Warren Eagleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds