PXW-Z150 final impressions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old April 8th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Trustee

PXW-Z150 final impressions

So, I sold my Z150...it will be shooting stringer video for On Scene Video up in Los Angeles.

It did well, the weird backfocus problem cleared up and was not able to replicated the last few months. I will miss the camera, but it's little brother, my X70, will continue on. With all my X70 shooting recently, it has made me come to appreciate how much better the Z150 is when it comes to gain and noise...it really did have a serious 6db noise advantage going for it. I am also dealing with the weird X70 black/gray/white balance issues that have plagued the X70 since new. I actually created a custom FCPX effect to deal with it, while the basic colorimetry of the X70 and Z150 remain identical.

Goodbye Z150, I will remember you, and will watch your 4K clips whenever I am bored. :-)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: PXW-Z150 final impressions

Many thanks Paul for all of your previous input regarding that camera.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds