Error message? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old July 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Error message?

E:61:10 is flashing on my LCD and I have no idea what it means. I switched batteries and cards, to no avail.

Any thoughts?
Old July 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Error message?

This is the very first result that came up for a Google search for "E:61:10".

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Quick question, are you using the latest firmware? Does it happen everytime you turn on the camcorder ...and stay on, and screen blank? Did the 'trick' shown in your link work? Was it super-hot, humid or wet when this happened?

Another idea is to remove the battery, turn it on (with no battery installed), hold the 'record' button for 10 seconds. I would turn off the camcorder and repeat the process. Install a fresh Sony (not aftermarket) battery. See if that helps.
Old July 19th, 2017, 11:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Happened to me once. This fix as long as it looks bazaar does work. Its got something to do with the image stabilisation.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #5
Major Player

So... the 'trick' is, you just start the camcorder up in a vertical position, that's all? Does it usually continue to operate normally each time ya start it up after that?

Maybe there's a stabilization servo or associated hardware that didn't actuate properly (sticky or becoming defective??), but DOES work in a different orientation allowing the processor to receive the proper feedback that all systems are 'go' and complete the start-up process. I had a situation with a relative's DSLR a couple weeks ago that would also fail the start-up 'ok' process. The motor that actuates the mirror is supposed to wiggle,vibrate or whatever on start-up to prove it's working, and it wasn't. Bad motor. Fortunately it was in China and you just take it to one of the wizz-kid shops and in a couple days it's fixed for not a whole lot of money (good luck doing that here!!).

Glad you got your unit working again!
Old July 20th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #6
Major Player

I've only had to do this once.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds