PXW-Z90 MPEG-TS 720p 3Mbps live streaming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old January 16th, 2018, 08:38 PM   #1
Trustee

PXW-Z90 MPEG-TS 720p 3Mbps live streaming

The 5Ghz WiFi band, and allowance of 1280x720 30p when in 60p record codecs, make the new Z90 a very capable one man band live to air broadcast camera. My X70 was always hobbled by 360p/1.5Mbps 2.4Ghz freezing stuttering connections. Below is a demonstration of the cameras built in live streaming function, through a 5Ghz HotSpot from an LTE-Advanced Galaxy S7 phone.

Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: PXW-Z90 MPEG-TS 720p 3Mbps live streaming

Paul, how do you cope with the (on my system) 9 second lag that I have when streaming to Youtube. The only way I can think of is to use another cell phone for voiceover and anticipate the visual.
Old January 17th, 2018, 01:33 AM   #3
Trustee

I think MPEG-TS has a native 2 or so second delay. We have a Teradek Cube receiver, hooked to the interweb through a dedicated line, so it doesn't need to bounce around an intranet or anything else other than the 4G network, our ISP, then spits out to our on air play system.

YouTube TRANSCODES your stream, and routes it through their system and network, so there is a built in delay there.

Paul
Old January 17th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #4
Major Player

I am sure others like me wanted to know (or maybe did not) this. That's the difference between pro and hobby.
Old January 17th, 2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Trustee

Paul -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anderegg View Post
I think MPEG-TS has a native 2 or so second delay. We have a Teradek Cube receiver, hooked to the interweb through a dedicated line, so it doesn't need to bounce around an intranet or anything else other than the 4G network, our ISP, then spits out to our on air play system.
So when we're watching the news and the anchor passes over to the on-scene reporter there is always a few second delay while the reporter is left holding the mice before they start speaking, is that the delay we're seeing? Or is there also a delay between when the anchor says something and the reporter hears it so they know when to start the report?

I always been curious why there was that delay because you'd think that someone in the station would have the reporter on hold or standby and ready to go at the push of the "On Air" button (or what ever).
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:04 PM   #6
Trustee

Sat feeds have a delay, also, bonded cellular solutions have a selectable delay...my station has TVU's set to 2 second latency. The longer the latency, the more error correction that is available. Fun TV news fact, that nodding yes you see them do to take up time...it's called "bobble", as in bobble heads :)

Paul
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Trustee

For what it's worth, here is the same camera when set to Sony proprietary QoS Network Connection Mode...about 600Kbps less video rate compared to MPEG-TS, but that 600Kbps goes to the QoS packet loss recovery error correction system.

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:03 AM   #8
Trustee

Here is a slightly higher bitrate test, 3.4Mbps.

Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds