Using Sony Nex 5r and 5t together at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old May 27th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Using Sony Nex 5r and 5t together

Quick question, I have a Sony Nex 5r and I'm very happy with the footage it provides in certain instances. I kind of want to get another one to use alongside it, but only if I can get it cheap. I found a used 5t but the thing is that the lens is slightly different. The 5r has a 3.5-5.6/18-55 lens, but the 5t has a 3.5-5.6/16-50 lens. Would anyone notice any difference if I used these two cameras to film something and cut between the two different angles?

P.S. I'm really hot for that A7s, but my budget is less hot for it right now
Sverrir Fridriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Using Sony Nex 5r and 5t together

The 5T and 5R are the same internally. If using different lenses really bothers you a SEL1855 can be purchased used for around $100.
Matt Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Using Sony Nex 5r and 5t together

I'm not sure it would bother me, I'm just a total noob when it comes to lenses so I can't tell if they would make a notable difference when used side by side.
Sverrir Fridriksson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR