Glitch at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old May 31st, 2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Glitch

Anyone have an idea what this A7s glitch is? It's a fairly new Trancscend card - used a couple of dozen times but never seen this. The rest of the footage so far seems ok

In fact since moving from tape about 4 years ago I've never suffered a glitch - well now I have. I use transcend cards all the time without issue - or is it the camera?

The format is XAVC and the card is a class 10 30MB/s

password: makeup
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Glitch

I have had a similar issue on my ax100 but not as bad as you, have not seen it again and I"m using sandisc cards.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Trustee

My guess is in camera processing. Not the card. There is so much going on between light striking a sensor and becoming a digital image it blows my mind. The card is just a repository of the processed data. I think that anomaly was created someplace other than the card.

Steve
Old May 31st, 2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Trustee

Peter don't go into this to much but the last time i had a Sony i had glitches all over the place like that exactly? It was not the card but the tape deck system in the tape days then it was something else on another hd cam, also maybe look at the the graphics card on your computer it may need a upgrade due to the sony a7s full frame and codec. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Trustee

Peter also i have binned my 30mbs and got all new 95mbs of amazon and they are brill. class 10 32gb 95mb
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 07:11 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Pete

Have you attempted to copy the files from card to drive a second time? I have had the odd glitch and found out that is disappeared when I re-copied the file to my drive.

Worth a shot as a lot of the time the glitch is when the computer writes the file to the drive and not when the camera writes to the card. That's why I try to hold off using my current cards until I have checked the footage ..then I can format them!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 08:24 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale View Post
Peter also i have binned my 30mbs and got all new 95mbs of amazon and they are brill. class 10 32gb 95mb
Steve can you send a link - I've just bought 2 SDHC 90MB/s 600x and they won't work - they'll only record AVCHD and the camera says they're not compatible with XAVCS - I've just read the manual and it's right - you can't record XAVCS on SDHC cards - opened em now so can't send them back - bugger!

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:50 PM   #8
Trustee

Peter sorry for late reply been away filming in Ibiza, these are the ones i have, but just checked and not sure if they are ok for you. steve
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o05_s00
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR