Battery status disappearing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old August 27th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Trustee

Battery status disappearing

Guys, I don't know what's going on but now the battery status on my A7S only shows up for a couple of seconds and then it goes away. I have to click the "display" options for it to show up again...but it only shows up for a couple of seconds and then it disappears again (along with the M symbol - as in manual). Did this ever happen to anyone??

The weird thing is, this only started happening after I've used a Neweer battery grip on the A7S. I was shooting an interview and I could see the battery status, but then the first battery ended and I couldn't see the status anymore. I've tested with single batteries and then with the grip again, but it remains the same.

If I select the display mode where ALL the info is displayed, then the battery status stays there...but there's WAY too much information along with it.

Last edited by Rafael Lopes; August 27th, 2015 at 06:41 PM.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Battery status disappearing

Apparently only the 'all info' display mode keeps the battery status visible (it's automatically hidden after a couple of seconds in the other display modes), i.e. it's a software thing not anything related to your grip.
Malcolm Debono is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR