A7sII IBIS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:30 AM   #1
Major Player

A7sII IBIS

Ive been looking around the net for samples and opinions but nobody is delving into it properly I feel.

How good is it really? If for example I put a samyang 85 on it will it be properly stabilised and usuable? How does it compare to the excellent lens stabilization that we get from a Canon 20-105 or 70-200 IS

Im thinking of buying the mark 2 for the IBIS and cant try before I buy where Im situated so Im hoping for some real world experience of the feature from experienced shooters.
Thanks guys
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: A7sII IBIS

Haven't done any direct comparison tests.
However...
Did a series of interviews recently where I used an FS7 with a 28-70 on a tripod as a wider lockoff, and operated with the producer's A7sii and a Nikon 80-200/2.8 on a monopod (most often in the 135-150mm range) for the closeups - using the in-body stabilization. Interview subjects were standing, so I was actively following their movements. I was impressed with the way the stabilization seemed to help. (In the past I've done similar shoots using my original A7s, and always felt it was really hard to get it stable enough.) So my non-scientific opinion is that the IBIS is really worth it.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 03:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: A7sII IBIS

Thanks Dave, its real world not neccessarily scientific opinions I'm after. How it 'feels' so to speak. And also if 3 axis stabilisation is enough. I dont want to find myself yearning for Sony native lenses after switching just to have 5 axis
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR