4k vs HD - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old May 2nd, 2016, 06:26 AM   #46
Major Player

Re: 4k vs HD

32" is the largest computer monitor I can find. Dell has a 40", but it is intended for multi display. So maybe I will go with one of the 32" factory calibrated monitors. My living room HDTV is due for upgrading, but that will be a different decision.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Not 4K but I have just replaced my 2 x 24" Dells with an ASUS PB328Q 2560x1440 and I am very pleased with it. Much less clutter on the desk and enough room for all my editing windows. They have a 4K version that is calibrated too the PA328Q and a newer PA329Q which I will look at to replace my VT2300 as my preview monitor later in the year.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:41 PM   #48
Major Player

I just ordered a new 4k capable graphics card.

Speaking with my vendor, seems like my option for 4k monitors has 3 tiers: standard use 4k, factory color calibrated 4k, pro studio use 4k. In the factory calibrated tier, Asus, LG, Dell, HP, NEC, have their offerings.

I will probably go with the 32" 4k from Asus or LG, using it as my preview/video viewing monitor. I will keep my 24" as my standard computer application monitor.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:33 PM   #49
Inner Circle

I picked up a Spyder 5 to calibrate my Seiki - stock the setting looked good but cool, the recommended settings warmed it up nicely, My old ColorMunki was iffy on Win10, it wored OK on one machine, and not the next one.... so I had to update my calibration device! Seems like that happens every couple years anyway!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR