Where are the Sony testers and promoters on the A6300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old March 26th, 2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Where are the Sony testers and promoters on the A6300

Posting this because of what appears to be a lack of information here on the Sony A6300. The "green" group has several threads as do many other groups but there is little posted here. None have any comment from Sony about the problems or future updates that might address them.
As someone who may likely buy this camera I am wondering why we have not heard from the Sony experts who often post here and elsewhere.
The camera appears to have many wonderful features and qualities. However the camera has serious overheating problems and rolling shutter problems, and others. I write this based on what I have read as I can't get a camera yet but for all intent and purpose I will eventually but have not reason to doubt what I have read.
What I can't for the life of me understand is with all the posts on overheating and other issues why we have not heard from the "usual suspects" who get Sony gear for review ahead of the rest of us folks. Or why Sony has not be forthcoming with at the very least a press release.
Any comments? Cheers!
Brian
Old March 28th, 2016, 03:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Where are the Sony testers and promoters on the A6300

There is a rambling blog by Andrew Reid here:

Sony A6300 review (rolling) – Striking image but nagging issues

My experience with the a6300 is pretty good so far. Haven't had time for a detailed write up.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for posting Charles, look forward to your notes when you get a minute. I am going to get one or will be getting one soon as I have ordered from BH and just waiting right now. I suspect I will probably go with an external battery and eventually sell my Ninjas and buy a Flame. But the bottom line is for the money it seems like a sensational buy.
Old March 31st, 2016, 06:56 AM   #4
Major Player

Have you considered an RX10, version 2 or the brand new version 3?

I am getting a a6300, but not for video.
Richard D. George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:40 AM   #5
Major Player

Or perhaps a used A7S for a bit more money? Depending on your use, it might be a better value.
Richard D. George is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR