Latest Firmware A7sII/Metabones Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old May 7th, 2016, 07:44 AM   #1
Major Player

Latest Firmware A7sII/Metabones Problems

Having some trouble with metabones EF-E smart adapter V0.49 firmware on A7S2 using Canon lenses. Wondering if the latest Sony 3.10 firmware messes up some comparability.

Last edited by Steve Montoto; May 8th, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2016, 09:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Latest Firmware A7sII/Metabones Problems

Anyone have the Metabones V0.48 firmware by chance?

Last edited by Steve Montoto; May 8th, 2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old May 10th, 2016, 12:40 PM   #3
Major Player

wow not even 1 comment... Its amazing to think no one is having an issue with firmware V0.49

Anyway, finally Metabones got back in touch with me and sent the older V0.48 firmware to downgrade. Everything is working properly again.
Old May 10th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Steve, much as I love these forums i'm finding fewer people using them and thesedays i use facebook groups for a quicker response to any questions
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Major Player

I was beginning to wonder, thanks for the tip Peter!
Old May 16th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Steve, it probably helps if you gave actual info. What do you think people are supposed to do with something so vague as "having trouble"? What kind of response do you think people can give to that? You don't even list the lenses on top of not explicitly stating what "trouble" means in your context.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 12:59 PM   #7
Major Player

Hah! Gary, I wouldn't of expected anything less.

It's ok though... My original post did have specific lenses and more information. I edited it to be shorter to see if I could make it simpler when we found out it was every canon lens we tried. Sigma's were fine.

I didn't think I needed to be specific. The fact is, If anyone here upgraded to Firmware V0.49 on the Metabones EF-E adapter(A7S2) and used ANY Canon lenses they are all unusable(unless you don't touch aperture or try to focus).

When I typed my question, I was thinking someone would have known, it didn't matter what particular canon lens they used.

Anyway... Metabones sent the V0.48 to downgrade and everything is working properly again. In fact they emailed back yesterday to say they were working on a new version.

Thank you for letting me know how it should have been done, I will try better next time.
Old May 19th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Montoto View Post
I didn't think I needed to be specific.
Then you should change your thinking.

Quote:
The fact is, If anyone here upgraded to Firmware V0.49 on the Metabones EF-E adapter(A7S2) and used ANY Canon lenses they are all unusable(unless you don't touch aperture or try to focus).
Hey, there's some detail already! Why did you upgrade to FW 0.49? Did you have a EF Extender? A Contax N Vario-Sonnar lens? Or perhaps the Tamron 45mm f/1.8? Because if you didn't, I don't see why you installed new firmware.

Quote:
When I typed my question, I was thinking someone would have known, it didn't matter what particular canon lens they used.
Do you know what "assuming" does? Maybe next time you'll try to assume less? Especially for people who have an adapter and don't upgrade willy-nilly like this.
Old May 19th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Major Player

Hey! No need to be a pompous A-hole...

I gave the specifics of the firmware, camera model, adapter type and brand of lenses "having trouble" in the very first post, that never changed. WTF is your problem??? Who gives a damn why the adapters were upgraded?!?

Do me and everyone a favor and don't reply with your idiotic holier than thou BS.

Who gives a damn who you are. To me your just a cocky know it all who loves the sarcasm. By the way, you wont get another response again when you post more ignorant BS.
Old May 19th, 2016, 03:57 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Why would you change your post at all? What kind of judgement call is that, besides a very poor one.
Old May 19th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #11
Trustee

Hi Steve, thanks for posting. I'll wait on v0.49 as there seem to be issues. I just got a A7S2 as well and this is good information. The OCD in me likes to make sure everything is current (for better or worse!). However, this time I'll wait. Good to hear Metabones is working on a fix.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR