a7sii price just increased??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old October 3rd, 2017, 06:34 PM   #1
Major Player

a7sii price just increased???

I have followed all the retailers every day for the price drop of the a7sii cus I am considering buying one.I am also waiting to see if a new a7siii will be announced soon. Why did all the retailers raise the price up to $2700 today after it was lowered to $2500 months ago?
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:59 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: a7sii price just increased???

Why not call and ask?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #3
Major Player

Just a (marketing) guess , maybe if an a7sii is released and priced at $2999, they want the previous model to be closely priced, so more people up it to the new model, as opposed to wanting to save $500 for the older model. Also, if the differences are minimal, people might say 'For $500 more is isn't worth it'.

Just a guess tho, but I would think its in anticipation of a new model coming out. Or just timing due to the Holidays & new year, people might tend to upgrade in this season.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Trustee

Obviously this means a new model is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
Just a (marketing) guess , maybe if an a7sii is released and priced at $2999, they want the previous model to be closely priced, so more people up it to the new model, as opposed to wanting to save $500 for the older model. Also, if the differences are minimal, people might say 'For $500 more is isn't worth it'.

Just a guess tho, but I would think its in anticipation of a new model coming out. Or just timing due to the Holidays & new year, people might tend to upgrade in this season.
This is funny. When the sale price goes down, people interpret it as predicting a new model coming soon (get rid of old inventory). Now when the price goes (back) up, it is also interpreted as a new model coming soon. This is like predicting global warming based on the change in temperature from yesterday.

The fact is that Sony has always run sales, where for a time the price of certain cameras is lowered. When the sale is over, the price goes back up. They do it for lenses too. Look it up.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #5
Trustee

I think Sony is doing the new versions as more expensive models, not just replacement cameras. Sony still sells the non ii A7s, at a lower price obviously, and each iteration is priced higher, so no reason to lower the old models prices.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #6
Major Player

Price just went back down. Now it's $2400 at B&H (although I would rather have a new a7siii announced and available)
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR