What do you folks think, new Sony 200-600mm lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems

Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems
Sony cameras with interchangeable E-mount lenses.

Old June 14th, 2019, 10:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What do you folks think, new Sony 200-600mm lens

A number of quick reviews like this, nothing too in depth since it hasn't been released yet.
Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: What do you folks think, new Sony 200-600mm lens

Watched a few minutes of it, seems like its really good for what it is & for the price. Personally, I wouldn't have a need for 200-600mm. Rarely, at least. Maybe in a big catholic church. I occassionally shoot some youth sports & tournament type stuff but its pretty shoddy pay & I just go with a camcorder camera.

Seems a very niche market for a lens that distance. $2,000 while 'steep', for what it is its probably a decent price. In a year or two Sigma or Tamron etc will probably have a cheaper knockoff for about $1200. Tough to say but if one has the money & needs a lens like this, then go for it.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2021, 03:11 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: What do you folks think, new Sony 200-600mm lens

^ Thanks for input .I have owned the lens for for months, shot numerous YouTube videos. Regarding the quality of the lens. I am satisficed with it. I don't think it is quite as sharp as my Canon 400mm F5.6 prime but it is a zoom lens. It is sharp enough and I use that extra 200mm so the 600mm is very useful to me. Ask me questions if you have any.

Here is a typical video I shot using the lens. I thought the Surfer Girls and Beach Babes might interest some of you guys not interested in Surfing. Please follow my Channel if you are interested in Bali & Surfing at Bali Surf Hunters YouTube channel.

Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems