Hot Rod PL adapter for FS100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old June 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Vortex Media

Hot Rod PL adapter for FS100

I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to get the new Hot Rod PL adapter made just for the FS100.
Hot Rod PL Tuner Kit (for AF100 series) | Hot Rod Cameras

I've only had it a day, but it's everything I was hoping it would be . . . and more. It is GREAT to finally be able to use my collection of PL lenses on the FS100 instead of the SLR lenses I've been using up to this point. Now the camera finally feels more like my F3 instead of an SLR on steroids. What a difference. I can even use my Sony PL lenses that came with the F3.

I'll admit the Hot Rod adapter might seem a little expensive at first if you just compare it to a ordinary SLR adapter, but you get so much more with this system -- lens adapter with support, base plate for 15mm rods, tripod adapter, etc. Most most importantly I can now use PL lenses. If you already have PL lenses, then you really need to get one of these.

One picture shows the FS100 with a Cine-Xenar PL lens and the other one shows it with a Sony 50mm PL lens and O'Connor O-box with follow-focus.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Rod PL adapter for FS100-hotrod-3-s.jpg   Hot Rod PL adapter for FS100-hotrod-4-s.jpg  

Old June 25th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Hot Rod PL adapter for FS100

So where's the camera? Oh! It's that little black box next to that big honkin lens and under the monster evf! Ha ha!
Looks great! And Im sure the images will be spectacular! Are you going to use an external recorder?
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Major Player

Doug,

How would you make it a shoulder mount? I guess you would have to use a zacuto evf with a arm right?
Looks nice.

Dan
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
Are you going to use an external recorder?
Only if I was going to shoot green screen, otherwise my testing has shown there is no benefit.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Asseff View Post
Doug,
How would you make it a shoulder mount? I guess you would have to use a zacuto evf with a arm right?
Looks nice.
Dan
Yes, I would use my Zacuto EVF if I wanted to shoot shoulder-mount with this rig, but that is unlikely to be necessary.
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Tourist

How do you like the image quality of the Cine-Xenar lenses? I havent seen anything shot with them yet.
Eric Koretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM   #7
Vortex Media

The Cine-Xenars are my favorite lenses that I own.

I also have a set of Zeiss CP1s and Sony PLs, but I like working with the Xenars best.
As far as picture quality goes, I would say all the PL lenses are close enough to be considered equal.
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #8
New Boot

This Hot rod tuner kit is looking tempting, the price is whats holding me. Looks solid.
nice set up Doug
Pedro I. Vazquez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta