DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Pkg-1.62/at-1.54/fresh-1.06 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/100553-pkg-1-62-1-54-fresh-1-06-a.html)

Jim Montgomery August 4th, 2007 09:59 AM

Pkg-1.62/at-1.54/fresh-1.06

I see that this upgrade needs a "MS-69A jig".

What is it and where do I get one?

Thanks Guys

Jim

Greg Boston August 4th, 2007 10:34 AM

No it does not. That's only for updating the memory stick reader firmware to accept Memory Stick Duo with larger capacities.

I have the current firmware and since I already have a 128 mb card, I don't need the card reader upgrade.

Just follow the instructions for updating the firmware. You'll need to remove the side cover to access service mode for the update of Fresh. When you replace the cover after the procedure, make sure the weather seal is not getting pinched.

-gb-

Emanuel Altenburger August 24th, 2007 06:45 AM

was also a bit puzzled by the readme file which said:#

Caution: Do not attempt to do this upgrade without the MS-69A (A-1356-823-A) special jig that allows one to upgrade the AT Boot rom as well as the AT.Rom software in the camcorder.

so, this 1.54 update is really for memory stick purposes only...?!

Greg Boston August 24th, 2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emanuel Altenburger (Post 733509)
so, this 1.54 update is really for memory stick purposes only...?!

No, it adds front+side audio for the rear XLR jacks and fixes some bugs as well.

-gb-

William Osorio August 28th, 2007 01:50 AM

Do I need this upgrade??

Greg I know you're the master for the F350

I have a previous version
AT:1.53
Package :1.62

1.Addition of function to control the audio level of Rear XLR Inputs with the knob of Audio Level on the front
2.Addition of VF DETAIL Setting Function
3.Enhanced Accuracy of Residual Point Noise Correction

As well as two bug fixes:
1.When shooting in the recording Format: DVCAM aspect ratio 4:3, if the ND filter is operated, the played picture becomes 16:9 aspect ratio.
2.When shooting a high-lighted object, the Auto Iris (gets stuck) troubles
------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need Pkg-1.62/AT-1.54/FRESH 1.06??
or this is the same as above just with the addition to be able to use a 2 gb memory stick?

Please advice//

Regards,

William Osorio

William Osorio August 30th, 2007 12:29 AM

bump, bump bump!

Greg Boston August 30th, 2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Osorio (Post 736704)
bump, bump bump!

Sorry William, I missed this thread. Let me research and get back to you.

The main thing is this release has a Fresh file that has to be updated in the service menu, which is a bit more involved than other releases. It certainly won't hurt to keep your camera updated with the latest firmware. Mine is working fine.

-gb-

Tip McPartland August 30th, 2007 09:42 PM

Zoom control with top (3 &4) assignable buttons

After Nate Weaver updated my F350's firmware, when changing my assignable buttons, I saw something in the assignables menu I don't recall seeing before, but of course could've missed.

This is the (supposed) ability, I surmise, to assign the on-handle assignable buttons with "wide to tele" and "tele to wide" zoom control.

This would be handy for when you're underslinging the camera so of course I assigned the two buttons. When you assign one, the other one assigns automagically.

It didn't, however, seem to work, the buttons didn't make the lens zoom. Is there something I missed, am I wrong about this function, or is it something that is set up but will not be implemented until a future firmware upgrade?

Anybody know?

Tip

Greg Boston August 30th, 2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tip McPartland (Post 737274)
It didn't, however, seem to work, the buttons didn't make the lens zoom. Is there something I missed, am I wrong about this function, or is it something that is set up but will not be implemented until a future firmware upgrade?

Anybody know?

That function came with one of the earlier upgrades. Yeah, it works on mine. You didn't by chance have your lens zoom servo in manual, did you? I have had the toggle get bumped accidentally on the underside once or twice.

-gb-

Tip McPartland August 31st, 2007 12:03 AM

A small mystery deepens...

No, the switch was on servo and the rocker control worked. I had a remote zoom plugged in, so I tried it with the remote disconnected, still didn't work.

Is it possible that it's because my lens uses the hotshoe connection rather than a cable? Well, probably so do most lenses for this camera, so that's not likely it.

I have the Fujinon XS13x3.3BRM-M. It does have a row of dip switches ("function and mode select switches") under a rubber cover on the front of what they call the "drive unit."

Maybe I'll muck about a bit there and see if lightning strikes.

Thanks for the heads up that this feature can be made to work.

Tip

Robert Schemitsch August 31st, 2007 06:04 AM

I also tried this function when i first set up my 350. And, it also doesn't work. I have a Fujinon XS17x5.5BRM-M38 ...

Is it possible that this function only works with an automatic lens??

But... yeah, the function disappeared...

This is the list of funktion from users manual V1.56:

OFF
Marker
Retake
ATW
Lens ret
rec
turbo
freeze
shotmark 1
shotmark 2
EZ mode
EZ focus
Skin Detail
Spot Light
Back Light
TLCS
IR-Remote
Picture Cache

These are also the ones available in the menu...