Optical Media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old August 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Optical Media

The best price I've found is around $29 per optical disk. Anyone know of anything better?
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Trustee

I'm paying $27 from a little local guy, and when I cancelled with my old dealer, he said his cost was more than that. I don't know how my new guy continues to do it.

-MW
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks guys. In the grand scheme, it looks like $27 to $29 is good for 23GB optical.
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #4
Trustee

Look for the TDK discs. They are much cheaper than the Sony ones and meet exactly the same standards (they have to otherwise they aren't allowed to sell them).
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #5
Wrangler

Just a gentle reminder that in fairness to the sponsoring companies that make this web site possible, DVinfo TOS doesn't allow links to non-sponsors that compete with our sponsors. (posts with links removed).
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Trustee

How much cheaper are the TDK disks?
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #7
Trustee

Just noticed that Sony have reduced their prices.

In the UK the Sony discs are now 15ukp ex vat, and the TDK ones are 12ukp ex vat.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I'm sure as the take up of XDCAM increases these prices will drop further. I remember when you couldn't get Digibeta tapes for less than £20.00 now you can get them for less than £8.00.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts