Sony Japan announces new PDW-F335 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old August 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #16
Major Player

i reckon a lot of folks would be only too happy to pay a reasonable fee for a firmware upgrade that offered better low light recording and a continuous recording mode (holy crap, that would make me happy)
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #17
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mees View Post
i reckon a lot of folks would be only too happy to pay a reasonable fee for a firmware upgrade that offered better low light recording and a continuous recording mode (holy crap, that would make me happy)

I am not too sure about "continuous recording" but I'd love to see an option to break clips while recording. For example, when shooting a long interview, this would be convenient to use at each of the interviewer question so instead of ending up with one long clip, the recording would get broken down by Q&As. I found a workaround to do it by turning picture cache recording on. Then, if you quickly press Rec/Stop, it will break the clip without interruption in the recording.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:57 AM   #18
Major Player

Here's the announcement in English.

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...DCAMCamcorders

I didn't see a price.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Standing View Post
Here's the announcement in English.

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...DCAMCamcorders

I didn't see a price.
Looks like the PDW-F350 and F330 are already discontinued by Sony. You can not find them anymore on the Sony site.
There's also a fault on the that page of the F335. The technical specifications say there is a 1.5" EVF included. Lucky it will be a 2"!
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:24 AM   #20
Major Player

@greg boston

Hi,

I am still wondering if some firmware features (like the 2 denoise algorithms) of the f335 / f335 will be available for existing XDCAM HD camcorders...

In the past there were several sources stating that this would happen, but I´ve never found further details on that.

Have you more infos or is it possible for you to request it?

Thanks

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:32 AM   #21
Regular Crew

The Sony rep at a seminar I recently attended in Ottawa said that the F350 would be getting a firmware update that would improve noise characteristics as well as adding an option for 45 or 90 degree shutter. He mentioned some time in January for the release.

Peter
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM   #22
Major Player

That would be great news.

The last time I spoke to SONY people was IBC2007. They did mention updates, too. But I had the impression, the updates mean the "updated f335 /355"...

So lets stay tuned for the next updates.

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:24 AM   #23
Major Player

Yes - that would be great - I was starting to regret buying the F350 over the F355 due to the noise I've been seeing in my footage so far (mind you, I did pay around £4K less for the F350 on offer!). A firmware update to help with this would be very welcome.

Anyone know more details of the low noise update? Is it something you select (with a trade-off elsewhere) or does it just work?
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM   #24
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors View Post
I had the impression, the updates mean the "updated f335 /355"...
No Uli, there are planned firmware updates for the F350 to include the low light noise processing found on the new F355 series. I have been amazed and very thankful at how skillfully Sony has managed the firmware upgrades over the last year or so.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to upgrade the F350 to use the new dual layer drives found in the forthcoming disc based products... cameras, deck, drive.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I'd just like to second Greg's comments on Sony's firmware uprades. My camera started off good and become even better thanks to the updates. The noise reduction will be nice, though for the most part it has not been an issue for my work, sports news coverage. I don't suppose that the ability to grade clips will be included, will it?

If I had a wish, it would be for a remote device for sub-clip editing. Every reporter that I work with loves the ability to trim and organize the clips in camera before feeding. In fact, it is so quick and effective that they don't even want to use my lap-top. A little key pad with the necessary controls that could be plugged into the remote connector at the back of the camera would improve the ergonomics, and make this great feature even better!

Please pass on my thanks and suggestion to Sony if you get the chance.
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM   #26
Inner Circle

See
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post802068

for more on the low noise mode
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #27
Major Player

Great news!

Thanks for the detailed infos!

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts