error 91-125 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old September 24th, 2007, 06:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

error 91-125

Anyone know what this is? One of our 350s is displaying this: symptoms are power can only be turned off by removing battery or AC supply. Disc cannot be loaded because Eject button does not work. Tried all reset but problem remains. Any ideas?
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Telecam Films

Dan,

Do you know which firmware version your camera has? Also, what type of batteries are you using?

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Is there a disk in it that has not been ejected correctly and have you checked that the disk slot cover flap is correctly closed.
Old September 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies guys but I heard back from my Sony man and it looks like the camera has to go to them. The error code is a data communications problem between the mother board and the LCD. He said it usually happens when you interrupt a firmware upgrade- which wasn't the case for me. Just unlucky I guess. If anyone else has an easier fix than sending it to Sony let me know. Thanks.
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Telecam Films

Dan,

May be it would worth a try to reload the latest fimware?

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #6
Major Player

Glad you already know the problem.

Main code 91 means: Interface errors between CPU and peripheral devices.

Subcode 125 means: System control CPU detects interruption in communication with side panel CPU (FP: IC505/FP-144 board).
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks Ivan and Thierry. I tried to reload the latest firmware (it already had it before this happened) but for some reason it won'upgrade- it says version 0.0 is loaded (instead of 1.62). Maybe I need to go back and install an earlier firmware version before upgrading to 1.62? It almost seems as theough the firmware was reset somehow.
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts