Is it possible to transfer from XDCam camera to a fw disk throw a computer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 1st, 2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Is it possible to transfer from XDCam camera to a fw disk throw a computer?

As the title say.

Is it posible to transfer the IMX material from a Xdcam PDW-530 camera?

If not - what do I need to transfer the material from the discs to Firewire harddrive?

I have downloaded the XDCam transfer 1.1 & I use FinalCut Pro

What I want to do is to temporarly store my content on a disk directly after I have recorded it on the camera, is that possible?

Last edited by Arvid Unsgaard; October 1st, 2007 at 02:56 PM.
Arvid Unsgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Trustee

Yes, this should be possible. As long as you have the XDCAM drivers installed you should be able to open the XDCAM disc on your Mac, just like you would any other drive. You can then copy those files to your firewire hard drive.

You do not need to actually use the XDCAM transfer software, but you will need to install it to enable the XDCAM FAM drivers.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 01:40 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes you can copy the files. I store all my stock footage on a USB drive. I just copy the Full res MXF's from the Clips folder to the external drive. If you want the proxies etc you should copy the entire contents of each XDCAM disk to a separate folder on the drive. The when you open the XDCAM importer just browse to that folder (using the add button) and it will open like an original disk.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:06 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Yes you can copy the files. I store all my stock footage on a USB drive. I just copy the Full res MXF's from the Clips folder to the external drive. If you want the proxies etc you should copy the entire contents of each XDCAM disk to a separate folder on the drive. The when you open the XDCAM importer just browse to that folder (using the add button) and it will open like an original disk.
I've even gone further than that, Alister. I create a sub folder with the same name as the disc name. I then drag all four directories from the XDCAM disc into that folder. When I point XDCAM Transfer to that folder, it really looks like a disc to the software because metadata, proxies, full res are all there, right where the software would expect them on an actual disc.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts