Is this glass anygood at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 1st, 2008, 08:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Is this glass anygood

Hi, I have ordered a new Sony 335 camera but I already own a Canon YJ20x8.5B KRS SD lens.

Has anyone used this lens on their Cameras from a 330 up to the 355 model and shot in HD, if yes how did it compare to your HD lens?

The new 355 can come bundled with a Canon KH20x6.4B KRS lens, is this a much better lens than the SD one above or is there not a big difference?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Paul
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

I tested a YJ series on my camera as I was lens shopping.

It's not as bad as you might expect, the camera will still resolve MUCH more than a standard def camera, but will be a tick or two softer than it could be, especially around the edges of frame, and also when wide open.

Chances are, you'll look at the images and go "what's the big deal?", but after you put a better lens on, you'll realize what the difference was.

Use it to get you by until you can get better...besides, 8.5 on the wide end is not going to be anything near wide and you'll need something wider in short order anyway.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Paul,

yes, that is the best description.

Beneath some other 1/2" SD Lenses I own a Canon YH 12x4.8 WA Lens - and as Nate stated, I expected to get problems with it, but it performs quite well.

There are limitations, but I use it much even for corporate video...

Kind regards

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts